Eternal booting

nik2280

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, help please, after flashing my receiver loads the black hole logo in blue and does not go further, eternal booting, what do you advise me, what should I do?
tried to flashing the original firmware many times, but nothing works

VU+Solo SE

AlexWilMac

You need to describe exactly your situation.
You flashed and then rebooted? Or, after you flashed, you went through the startup wizard?
If so, after the reboot, di you press UP or DOWN key? If you don't have any channels scanned, you'll see the Starting GUI screen forever. ;)
Otherwise, please, explain in details because we are not there with you.

nik2280

Vu+ Newbie
first I downloaded the image in order to flash it, formatted the FAT32 flash drive, after flashing the screen appeared in blue with the inscription BOOTING no further shifts, after that I wanted to flash it with the original firmware, but still only a blue window with the Black Hol booting logo appears

Attachments

• 1615667429043.jpg
    1615667429043.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 6

nik2280

Vu+ Newbie
first I downloaded the image in order to flash it, formatted the FAT32 flash drive, after flashing the screen appeared in blue with the inscription BOOTING no further shifts, after that I wanted to flash it with the original firmware, but still only a blue window with the Black Hol booting logo appears

AlexWilMac

So, if you "accidentally" deleted some files, you must reflash.
Maybe, one day you can explain how one can "accidentally" delete files in a system folder... You had no reason to do something there if your image hadn't been fully installed yet.
There is quite a confusion in your process.
Flash the image and see if the startup wizard begins: it should, immediately after the firs reboot, if you don't touch anything.
Incidentally: how did you prepare your USB flash stick? Did you put the vuplus folder in the root and had it the two subfolders and files?

Mick12334

Did you press your menu button? That screen will stay there unless you have some channels loaded, and selected, or press the menu button, or the centre up/down button, to bring up a channel list.
Have you tried any of those options?

nik2280

Vu+ Newbie
So, if you "accidentally" deleted some files, you must reflash.
Maybe, one day you can explain how one can "accidentally" delete files in a system folder... You had no reason to do something there if your image hadn't been fully installed yet.
There is quite a confusion in your process.
Flash the image and see if the startup wizard begins: it should, immediately after the firs reboot, if you don't touch anything.
Incidentally: how did you prepare your USB flash stick? Did you put the vuplus folder in the root and had it the two subfolders and files?

Yes, I did so, I reflashed it with different images, but nothing helps the picture is still the same..The whole process goes like this, I load the image file, put it in the root of the flash drive, then safely remove the flash drive, insert it into the receiver from behind, turn on the toggle switch, the flash drive starts blinking for about ten seconds, then I turn off and take out the USB flash drive, turn on the receiver again and nothing .. booting

Mick12334

10 seconds isn't long enough to load an image, it's probably still trying to find the image.
Forget about trying different images try different USB sticks.

nik2280

Vu+ Newbie
10 seconds isn't long enough to load an image, it's probably still trying to find the image.
Forget about trying different images try different USB sticks.
And how long should it be? the receiver first blinks for 10 seconds quickly then slowly but infinitely long ..

Mick12334

An image takes a lot longer to load than 10 seconds, either you haven't downloaded the correct image, for your receiver, or you need to try different USB sticks.
It seems that you are unfamiliar with Enigma 2 based receivers, so can you please confirm that your receiver is a VU+ Solo SE, and not a similar model, like the Solo SE v2?
Code:
http://www.vuplus.com/sub/sub0103.php

Which image are you trying to load?

nik2280

Vu+ Newbie
And maybe it was that I deleted the bootloader? it turned out like this, I wanted to upload an image via FTP, but since I already had files in the folder, I thought that if I delete them, I will also drop another image via FTP

Mick12334

Don't use FTP to install an image.
Please follow the directions, in the beginners guides, including download the image, to your PC, like Black Hole:
BlackHole 3.1.0 Vu+ Solo SE / V2 | VuPlus Community (vuplus-community.net)

Unzip this file and transfer the vuplus folder to a freshly FAT 32 formatted USB stick.

Flashing takes a couple of minutes:
Copied from a guide:
Power off Vu+ Solo SE, using the switch at the rear, of the receiver.
Insert the USB Pen Drive, into the rear USB socket.
Power on Vu+ Solo SE

The white circular ring on the left side of the front panel will blink a few times then begin pulsing.

The pulsing indicates it's flashing the image.

Once the image has successfully flashed the pulsing will stop and change to blinking on and off.

nik2280

Vu+ Newbie
Unzip this file and transfer the vuplus folder to a freshly FAT 32 formatted USB stick.

Flashing takes a couple of minutes:
Copied from a guide:
Power off Vu+ Solo SE, using the switch at the rear, of the receiver.
Insert the USB Pen Drive, into the rear USB socket.
Power on Vu+ Solo SE

The white circular ring on the left side of the front panel will blink a few times then begin pulsing.

The pulsing indicates it's flashing the image.

Once the image has successfully flashed the pulsing will stop and change to blinking on and off.

I did it as they wrote, but the picture is the same ...... booting, can I format a usb flash drive for linux, load the image and start?

Mick12334

No, try a different USB stick, I know of cases where 10 have had to be tried, as the receivers tend to prefer older, smaller, USB sticks, I tend to use a cheap 8GB Toshiba one.
Also ensure that you have nothing else connected, like a USB keyboard, or USB stick for picons, or recording.

Mick12334

Thankyou for letting us know, you'd be surprised how many times we never get a response, after the person gets their problem fixed.