Extra characters in EPG info...

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
If you look at the attached screenshot, you see that the EPG info includes some characters like { } and also text like "type" : "channel"...
Is there a way to not show this or change the parsing or something?

Regards,

BTJ

snapshot.jpg

paolino

Vu+ User+++
If you look at the attached screenshot, you see that the EPG info includes some characters like { } and also text like "type" : "channel"...
Is there a way to not show this or change the parsing or something?

Regards,

BTJ

View attachment 13754

Seems like EPG data corrupted. Try to reload EPG. Could be EPG data provider error too.

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
Don't think this is caused by data that is corrupted... It has been like this for awhile, not sure if this is some metainformation that should have been parsed and deleted by the epg viewer...
I have tried reloading epg, I have also reinstalled the image many times since I first saw this... Also tried different images with the same problem...

BTJ

ringo11

Vu+ Newbie
If you use the built in Cross Epg do you still have the same problem?
I am using Cross Epg and have never seen the problem you talks about.

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
I am using the built in Cross Epg... Maybe this is a problem with the Rytec Norway feed only....

BTJ

ringo11

Vu+ Newbie
I use Rytec Swe,Denmark,Norway but I have not seen this phenomena.
The screenshot you atached said "Cool Nice Guide" I have never seen or used that.
Maybe the problem is located in the cool nice guide plugin?

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
Me too ((built in Cross Epg with Rytec Swe,Denmark,Norway & xmltv in use atm))
all disabled in menu EPGpanel, EPGsettings except for EIT (for my DVB-T provider)
and I also use Cool TV guide V6.4.0 in "Cool Nice Guide" mode

No probs with 1w or 5e in my Solo2 with 2073

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Which version of cool nice guide do you use? I use Cool TV Guide 6.4.0 has very similar display as yours, without the problem seen as your screen shot .

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
I am using the latest in the Download section, i.e same as you... I also get the same characters in the built-in graphical epg, so it has to come from the feed...
But I don't understand why I am getting these and no one else..... :-|

BTJ

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, @bjorntj , According the information posted here, it looks like the problems cannot be reproduced by other users. It may be just an individual issue at your receiver. I had an network issue which is similar as yours, I speet a lot of time to try to find the problem and solution. The conclusion is that Reflash the image is the fast and effective solution. You may consider to do the reflash. You may make a setting backup before you reflash the box. If the resore still has the same issue, The last method is doing a fresh flashing and setting. It has be proofed that it is very effective to kill unknown issues. Good luck!

By the way, it is also possible the epgdata problem as @paolino said. I knew you had this issue for a while. but delete the epg.dat file by telenet. let the box creates a NEW file . It may be the easiest way to test.

Last edited:

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
Thx.. But I have reinstalled different versions of BH images several times already and the result is the same.. And as I said, I have also tried other images besides BH and I have the same problem there... The only thing I copy between images, is my favourite boquet tv file... I really don't understand why I get these and no one else.... :confused:

And yes, I have tried to delete the epg.dat file many times.....

But I guess I just have to live with it.....

BTJ

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thx.. But I have reinstalled different versions of BH images several times already and the result is the same.. And as I said, I have also tried other images besides BH and I have the same problem there... The only thing I copy between images, is my favourite boquet tv file... I really don't understand why I get these and no one else.... :confused:

And yes, I have tried to delete the epg.dat file many times.....

But I guess I just have to live with it.....

BTJ
Hi, @bjorntj. I have tried all modes of the Cool TV Guide. There is no such special chracters. My receiver runs BH 2.0.7 R3. I am not sure which way you reflashed the image. I have tried reflashed many time when I had the network problem. Leter, it has been proofed one of plugins costs the problem because I used an old config file. I would like to suggest you to reflash the box and do not install any plugin and skins except the default BH installion. Also Do not make any persinal setting. Then, install the cool TV Guide, see whether the issue disappeares.

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
I haven't installed any other plugin than Cool TV Guide... And the personal configuration I do, is under the Setup menu, which I think should be safe...
But I can try to reflash when I get the time and see if I see any difference....

BTJ

cyborgpunte

Vu+ User
perhaps remove the whole crossepg folder this time ?? perhaps try on another media ??
((Suggest this because I read that your problem is crossimage))

bjorntj

Vu+ Newbie
I always remove all epg data files when reflashing, also the crossepg folder... And I am saving epg data on the flash, so the media should work...
But will try different things when I get the time.... :)

BTJ