Fast Forward Fast Reverse Speed

thommcn

Vu+ Newbie
It's just a small irritation of mine that it's possible to fast forward or fast reverse up to x128 speed with recordings while the maximum speed with other media files is x8 ie. mp4, avi. Is there any way to change this?

I'm using the latest BlackHole image.

Mito

Administrator
You can find all setup available for the speed into Customize Menu.

Menu > Setup > System > Customize > Setup Mode: Expert...

thommcn

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mito but I am already quite familiar with the Customize Menu. I've already enabled Expert mode to turnoff 'Show inforbar on event change' for instance.

I want to know why it is that recordings created on my Vu+ Duo can be sped up to x128 speed while all other media files are offered a top speed of x8 in fast forward or reverse. I have ripped some of my dvds to mp4 files and would like to watch them on my Vu+ Duo but going in reverse or forward at 8 times speed of normal playback is far too slow and I would like to find out a way to customize that.

thommcn

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mito,
You have all done an excellent job with the BlackHole distro. I tested dvd playback this morning so I'm one step closer to scrapping my media computer (ubuntu + xbmc). I have seen this Fast Forward / reverse thing before on the Qbox Mini so I guess that it must a Enigma2 quirk.