Feedback on 2.0.9 (compared to 2.0.8)

GSp

Vu+ User
Hello,
2.0.8 was my first image since I have my Duo2 since 2 weeks now.

Here is what I can state from my experience with 2.0.9:

1) booting is much longer (up to twice the time it used to be with 2.0.8)
2) after the upgrade, 2 cold reboots were needed for some adds-on to work properly
3) the Personal Backup function does not work as expected in terms of restore (plug-in missing, skins missing ...)
4) navigating thru the menu is quite slower than before, although it remains "workable"

Rgds,
GS

Matrix10

Administrator
Im sorry I do not agree with your opinion.
Booting up to twice the time ???
I think something is wrong.

My installed image is as fast as earlier.
Within the image, there are no changes that would cause slowness image or menu.

Install clean image and compared with all the same options enabled,
but without plugins and backups.

Image coder can not guarantee that the plugins do the same in the new and the old image.
It is the task of the plugins author and not the image coders.

So I do not agree with the opinion that the image is slower it simply is not true,
there are no changes that would cause slowness image or menu.

GSp

Vu+ User
It is not opinions, this is my honest feedback based on my user experience, and frankly you do not have to agree (or not) with it !

I am happy for you that you have another user experience.

Matrix10

Administrator
It is not opinions, this is my honest feedback based on my user experience, and frankly you do not have to agree (or not) with it !

I am happy for you that you have another user experience.

Your observations are not based on facts
that within the image is not changed anything that would cause your observations.
Nothing more and nothing less.
So do the test/compare with clean images under the same conditions.

Of course you can have your opinion.

cozmo

Vu+ Newbie
i was running 2.0.8 and 2.0.8.1 and now 2.0.9 and have restored a personal backup every time i have put the new image on other than the online update from 2.0.8 to 8.1 and have had no slow down at all everything running just the same if not better IMO

Ev0

Admin
@GSp, A clean install is always best, but as you have used a backup and things are missing from that backup, I would suggest something in your previous image caused a corruption and it has been copied into the backup you made and is now causing the problem with 2.0.9

I would suggest you do a clean install and see if the performance improves for you.

As others have said, there is nothing in the image that would cause it to slow down, and I also have no issue's with slow performance on any of my box's.

GSp

Vu+ User
@GSp, A clean install is always best, but as you have used a backup and things are missing from that backup, I would suggest something in your previous image caused a corruption and it has been copied into the backup you made and is now causing the problem with 2.0.9

I would suggest you do a clean install and see if the performance improves for you.

As others have said, there is nothing in the image that would cause it to slow down, and I also have no issue's with slow performance on any of my box's.

Thanks Ev0, I will try your constructive suggestion this w-e .... So, I presume I can do that by simply installing the new image from the USB stick and forget about the restore ? Or are there any other steps to do ?

Ev0

Admin
So, I presume I can do that by simply installing the new image from the USB stick and forget about the restore ? Or are there any other steps to do ?

No thats it, just download the image from this site, put it on your usb stick and then set it up as new, without the restore.

luismar

Vu+ Newbie
Yo Siempre e DICHO ............ si algo Funciona bien,para que cambiar ,yo hasta que la diferencia se mucha........me quedo con la 2.0.8........que me va como un cañon de rapida....salu2