Folder mount on Windows 7 seven

Matrix10

Administrator
Please help!!

I added my mountpoint and then I went to recording paths and I can't see my "mountpoint" anywhere! I called the local share "Vu" - is there a step I'm missing? How can I get it to actually show up

Edit: I pressed menu, switched to "file list" and checked all the parent directories... there's nothing!

I do not use Win7.
If your share is OK , you can see and mount your folder with NetworkBrowser
in Network Configuration Panel.
Do you see your Win7 folder ??
If you do not see it is a win 7 problem.

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

shot3.jpg

shot4.jpg

Ismael

Vu+ Newbie
Honestly, despite everyone's help, I'm completely stumped and lost. I'm considering giving up on BH and Vu+ alltogether. Mounting and recording is so hard it's completely stupid.

I mounted my Windows 7 folder just fine. Username/password both "vu" and folder is "vu" and is shared fine. I have no firewall or AV issues. It still doesn't show up anywhere on my Vu+ after mounting and the menu is so confusing I don't even know where to start. All the guides assume the user knows certain things and I have yet to find a comprehensive guide "for dummies" about this subject. Funny, considering Win7 is the most popular OS in the world.

Matrix10

Administrator
Honestly, despite everyone's help, I'm completely stumped and lost. I'm considering giving up on BH and Vu+ alltogether. Mounting and recording is so hard it's completely stupid.

I mounted my Windows 7 folder just fine. Username/password both "vu" and folder is "vu" and is shared fine. I have no firewall or AV issues. It still doesn't show up anywhere on my Vu+ after mounting and the menu is so confusing I don't even know where to start. All the guides assume the user knows certain things and I have yet to find a comprehensive guide "for dummies" about this subject. Funny, considering Win7 is the most popular OS in the world.

Absolutely disagree.
Mounting with VU+ is very easy with NetworkBrowser
but the problem that you have is not VU + BOX
but Win7 System.

I can mount my WIN XP PCs or my network drive
my book live for 2 min.

Matrix10

Administrator
From the other forum thanks to @tonskidutch

it is not an incompatibility of samba and w7
it is the security which (of course) is strickter in w7
so to share a directory, you should also share / break open some of those security settings

1st make allowances for a different computer to access w7 by adding the VU's Ip adress in the firewall as an exeption to the rule
2nd also do so for any other additional software security suite / firewall / antivirus
3th also add the VU's Ip address to the internet options / security / intranet
and
4th the workgroup must be equal and thus case sensative

5th adding a new login user for the w7 and also logging in as such will set the permissions to a shared directory
so add such user to the shared directory with full read write access permission

personally i do also use netbios over tcp in the network card properties due to which it uses name resolving old fashioned style

after wich all are restarted and a networkbrowser / share management needs to be set to the default media/net directory of the VU+

tinker

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I have a similar problem but not mounting the pc to the vuplus but mounting a local USB hdd drive. I connect the drive to the rear USB slot. Go to USB format. Turn on the drive. The vubox sees the drive, initialize the drive, then formats it (using the recommended ext3 for USB hdd). Reboot the box then no mount and the box won't see the hdd. On one occasion it did I tried to record to the drive then got the error no hdd drive found. I have had this same issue using 32gig pen drive. Any ideas would be great.

Matrix10

Administrator
Off topic this is abt WIN7 problems but for info

Well I already wrote.
Most of these problems are related to timing.
Test if you have a stable mount with FAT32 or NTFS
in order to discover what is the problem.

Is that the type of format ?
(format FAT32 for test if OK create multiple partitions small FAT32 (100Mb) and EXT for use both Primary partitions)
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
http://www.partition-tool.com/easeus-partition-manager/linux-partition-manager.htm
Use only mount within the image not Format
Change recording path in System Menu >> Recording paths.

Mount ?
Hardware recognition ?
voltage for HDD ? >>Try with external power supply
with Powered USB Hub

TheMirrorGame

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Everybody,

I'm using a solo2 and having trouble accessing media on my pc(win7) over upnp.

My shares on my pc are visible,when i click on the folder it just goes back to <parent directory> ?

I have disabled all security in windows and dont have any antivirus or third party firewalls installed on pc.

I can access media on my sony xperia phone with the solo2.

I can also access the share folders on the PC with my PS3 no problem.

Any help would be appreciated, please and thank you!

cracktor

Vu+ Newbie
Tried creating a shared folder.
Without succes so far.
Did everything as described; created a folderr, gave permission, created user with admin rights etc.

But when i click OK and YES it says only
Please wait for activation of your network mount...

So how long does this take???

Attachments

• IMG_20141221_201512.jpg
    IMG_20141221_201512.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 7