GUI Starting (Forever)

gand

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I was running 1.6.5 and suddenly the GUI start to freeze. On the screen I had "GUI Starting" and the the little wheel in the upper left corner was just rolling.

I then upgrade to the lastest version 1.7.2 with the same result. It seems the upgrade went fine telling me "Remove USB and Reboot" Now I have a rolling watch in the corner instead og it will roll forever.

I can FTP to the VU+ Duo without any problems.

Any good ideas have to solve this?

Rgds
Gert

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi
I was running 1.6.5 and suddenly the GUI start to freeze. On the screen I had "GUI Starting" and the the little wheel in the upper left corner was just rolling.

I then upgrade to the lastest version 1.7.2 with the same result. It seems the upgrade went fine telling me "Remove USB and Reboot" Now I have a rolling watch in the corner instead og it will roll forever.

I can FTP to the VU+ Duo without any problems.

Any good ideas have to solve this?

Rgds
Gert

Disconnect all (hdd/usb/lnb/network) and try agn to start image.
If not download image agn and flash agn .

a911

The BH Lover
Starting from BH 1.6.6 , the Boot CFE loader have to be upgraded!
Have U done That?

gand

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys
Thanks for your prompt help.

Yes I have upgraded the Boot Loader.
I have also disconnected the internal HDD and I could then startup. It's weird because I can access the the HDD from FTP.
So the question is, how can I proceed with the HDD, unfortunately my backup is on the HDD, so it might be a problem if I need to install from scratch.
If the system will not start with the HDD, how can I then format the HDD.

Rgds
Gert

a911

The BH Lover
If U can access the STB, then transfer your backups ( or the whole content of HDD, as U like) to a folder in the PC,,,,!!
As I can see from your post, that may be your HDD is in fault, do not worry now!
And NO ifs,,,just start with clean image, then U can do other steps as required!
We are here to help..;):)!

RgdZ
a911

gand

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
I'll copy the contents of the HDD to another disk.

Should I then format the disk and copy the stuff back. Can I then restore my settings?

How should I format the disk?

Rgds
Gert

Matrix10

Administrator
I am not sure that the old settings are good for the new image (I have not test )
Perhaps this is the reason for the problem.

a911

The BH Lover
Hi
Do you know how it should be formatted?
Rgds
Gert

Have U installed the image, yet?
And is it working?

Formatting, settings restore,,,etc! Those steps will come latter!
Lets go step-by-step,,,!

gand

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Now the 1.7.2 is up and running without the HDD. I have a motor and I can't remember how I did the last time. Normally all the information is in the backup.

So, any suggestions?

Rgds
Gert

a911

The BH Lover
Go BH device manger and format the HDD and then mount it!

Blue>Blue>Devices Manager
And then FTP the backup settings to HDD from the PC and restore!
Or just do new settings and not restore as per MX10 recommendations!

ALPA

BH Lover
The restore settings had nothing to do with it from my personal experience.
M8 of mine with clean istall BH image on VU UNO had the same problem, we resolved the problem by simply removing USB stick from the back which was mounted via BH device manager.

IMPO I think BH device manager complicates things, it is much better with BP where usb and hdd are being recongized automaticaly and mounted without complicating enigma with device manager.