Hard Disk on Vu-Duo

ledra

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everybody. In a few days I will receive my new Vu-Duo receiver. As I will need an internal HD, can anybody suggest what kind HD to buy. I understand that it should be 3.5 inch, 5400 RPM. My question is : as I have a 2.5 inch HD in hand, is it possible with minor changes to feed it inside the set? and it will be regognised by the set?
Best regards,
Ledra

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
You can install that 2,5" - afaik there is some bracket/adapters to by for that

HLX-hdd-adapter-bracket_02.jpg

ledra

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your answer. I will not have any problen fitting the HD. My only fear is whether the
connections to the set will be safe (the plugs and sockets will feet in) and the HD will be accepted by the Sets CPU.
Regards,
Ledra

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
Nobody can be shure 100% - that depends of type of your hdd.
I read around that people use it and works ok - you dont have anything to lose if you test it before you buy a adapter.
Here is one of adaptation :rolleyes:

IMG_0320.jpg

ledra

Vu+ Newbie
Nobody can be shure 100% - that depends of type of your hdd.
I read around that people use it and works ok - you dont have anything to lose if you test it before you buy a adapter.
Here is one of adaptation :rolleyes:

IMG_0320.jpg

ledra

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, many thanks for your answer . Yes, when I receive the set I will try it. In the mean time I asked computer expert and he assured me that it will be OK and that the plugs of 3.5 inch HD are the same with the 2.5 inch HD.
Again many thanks.
Ledra

alez

Vip
Yes the SATA drives comes with the same conector for 2,5" and 3,5" disks, the old PATA drives (DM 70xx, 600) has different connector between 2,5" and 3,5"