Hdmi-cec strange behavior -Solo2, bh v2.02

boyofford

Vu+ User
Firstly is this how it should be setup?
cec-jpg.10598

I've got a panasonic Vieira 42inch and would like to use the hdmi-cec feature so that I don't need the tv remote.
The features I'm interested in are
...... switching off tv with vu+ via solo2 remote, which works fine
.....turning on tv with vu+ via solo2 remote, which only sort of works!

I know that sounds odd, but let me explain!
When switching on via solo2 remote both tv and solo2 switch on, but tv doesn't go to hdmi1 input so have to use tv remote anyhow, even though tv is set to default to hdmi1.

With hdmi-cec plugin disabled the tv will switch to this input on startup automatically.

Don't have option on tv to change startup hdni port but tried in another port as thought solo2 might over-ride but no joy.

Any got this problem? Is there a work around? I've searched through forums and can't see any help with this so was wondering if could be this image? I've reflashed.

I'll try a older image when get home to see of has same problem. Does viz openpli etc have hdmi-cec feature? Just so I can check its not my hardware.
I'm using the hdmi provided with solo2 so should be correct on for job?

Any thoughts/pointers appreciated.

Cheers
Rich

x-xxxA

Vu+ User
Firstly is this how it should be setup?
cec-jpg.10598

I've got a panasonic Vieira 42inch and would like to use the hdmi-cec feature so that I don't need the tv remote.
The features I'm interested in are
...... switching off tv with vu+ via solo2 remote, which works fine
.....turning on tv with vu+ via solo2 remote, which only sort of works!

I know that sounds odd, but let me explain!
When switching on via solo2 remote both tv and solo2 switch on, but tv doesn't go to hdmi1 input so have to use tv remote anyhow, even though tv is set to default to hdmi1.

With hdmi-cec plugin disabled the tv will switch to this input on startup automatically.

Don't have option on tv to change startup hdni port but tried in another port as thought solo2 might over-ride but no joy.

Any got this problem? Is there a work around? I've searched through forums and can't see any help with this so was wondering if could be this image? I've reflashed.

I'll try a older image when get home to see of has same problem. Does viz openpli etc have hdmi-cec feature? Just so I can check its not my hardware.
I'm using the hdmi provided with solo2 so should be correct on for job?

Any thoughts/pointers appreciated.

Cheers
Rich

I disabled HDMI-CEC by leaving No and setup the RC accordingly to my requirements, which are the same as yours. You can find all on Page 70 and 71 from the Vu+ Uno Manual on Post here: Vu+ Uno and Ultimo manual . They work the same for Solo2. To switch from HDMI 1 to 2, 3 or TV, video source, I use button AV from the RC too. I only use TV remote for 3D only.
Hope this helps you.

boyofford

Vu+ User
Cheers mate. That sounds like that's all I need. Will checkout when get home.

Odd that hdmi-cec doesn't work though, have used with raspberry pi with no problems.

boyofford

Vu+ User
Thanks again mate, works a treat.

I have still got hdmi-cec enabled, but disabled most of features, only kept turn off tv with vu+ remote and turn vu+ with tv remote settings.
My Mrs kept either leaving tv or vu+ on so this solved that.