hdmi-cec

gondomar

Vu+ Newbie
I have a problem with hdmi-cec plugin when I use HDMI splitter.
Before, I had connect my Vu+ solo with TV direct with HDMI cable and plugin worked perfect, but now I connect also other TV on Vu+ solo with HDMI cable (for this purpose I use HDMI splitter to get picture and sound on both TV). After connecting through HDMI splitter I can't use HDMI-CEC on my Samsung TV. Is it possible, and if it is possible how, or I can get HDMI-CEC only if I connect TV direct with HDMI cable on Vu+ solo?
Thank you

Nice Monkey

Vu+ User
HDMI-CEC is a two-way communication protocol. Doing this with a splitter going to multiple devices seems impossible to me.
Using splitters with HDMI is anyway not a good idea (capabilities, HDCP etc)

Even using any type of HDMI port switch should be avoided if possible. HDMI was designed with point to point connections in mind.

sandiego69

Vu+ Newbie
I am using the latest OpenVix image with a Sony PVR and the Solo2 both connected (via HDMI) through a Sony amplifier. I am having real problems switching from one external input to another on the TV via the 'two way' single HDMI cable. The amplifier does not have to be switched on as it has a throughput bypass in standby mode. In other words the amp. is only on when I want to listen in surround sound.
When the amp. is on I can change inputs with ease, so, am I asking for the impossible?

levi

I am using the latest OpenVix image with a Sony PVR and the Solo2 both connected (via HDMI) through a Sony amplifier. I am having real problems switching from one external input to another on the TV via the 'two way' single HDMI cable. The amplifier does not have to be switched on as it has a throughput bypass in standby mode. In other words the amp. is only on when I want to listen in surround sound.
When the amp. is on I can change inputs with ease, so, am I asking for the impossible?
maybe better if you ask that vix team as you using there image

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
I replaced my HDMI cable with new one ( Ver 1.3). But plugin CEC dosnt work now while it was Ok before. Is special ver. of cable needed for this plugin?

hashman

Vu+ Newbie
should work with 1.3
but i had a cheap made in china cable 1.3 too that cost like 2$ and CEC did not work
I used the cable that came with the VU+ and it worked

boyofford

Vu+ User
should work with 1.3
but i had a cheap made in china cable 1.3 too that cost like 2$ and CEC did not work
I used the cable that came with the VU+ and it worked
True, they are not all equal, but its not just a matter of price.
I've had a expensive one not work and a 10 metre one bought for seven pounds work!

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
You are right!
But I cant spend money regularly to find out which will work. should have a standard. Dose anyone have more information?