HDMI Channels changes automatically

Goldfish

Vu+ Newbie
I have three HDMI devices connected to a SONY TV (model: Sony KDL-50W805B)

HDMI1: Chromecast
HDMI2: VU+ Duo2
HDMI4: Playstation 3

Normally I use HDMI2 and have HDMI-CEC activated on the VU+Duo2 on HDMI channel 2. Everything works and I control the sat box with the tv remote control. So far so good.

Now the problem:

When I want to change to the Chromecast (HDMI 1), I use the remote, change to HDMI1, but the channel is automatically changed back to Channel 2. Normally I have to change 2-3 time and then it stays on HDMI 1. If I disable HDMI-CEC, then everything works when I change the HDMI channel, but then I cannot use the TV remote.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?

Goldfish

Vu+ Newbie
Standby: I have tried to put the box in standby, but the TV still changes back to HDMI2.

Deep standby/Shutdown: When I shutdown the box and change from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1 it works immediately and the TV stays on HDMI 1.

Any ideas?

Do you put the Duo2 in standby before switching to the other HDMI input?

Goldfish

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I have tried changing different settings, but nothing more than disabling HDMI-CEC has effect. It's as the HDMI-signal i too strong or something. Doesn't any body else have this problem? I wonder if it's a problem with the HDMI-CEC-plugin or the Sony TV.

Have you checked if one of the available options in the HDMI CEC plugin could be useful?

Goldfish

Vu+ Newbie
No, when put in standby, manually changing from HDMI2 to HDMI1 on the TV remote, the source is automatically reverted to HDMI2 with the duo2 still in standby.

I really like the possibility to use the TV's remote, but it's quite annoying that I need to manually change the source approx 3 times each time I change to HDMI1.

Interesting: when I change to HDMI3 where I have an apple-TV connected it stays on HDMI3. When changing from HDMI3 to HDMI1, it automatically switches to HDMI2. Weird!

jmac

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Goldfish, I had the same problem, the solution that I found on the internet was to make sure that all your devices have hdme-cec enabled be carefull not all devices call it hdmi-cec some manufactures have different names for it (eg Panasonic calls it vierra link)

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
make sure that all your devices have hdme-cec enabled
Nice to know.
Also Chromecast now sports the HDMI CEC protocol:
Code:
https://medium.com/@jankoroettgers/chromecast-now-works-with-your-tv-s-remote-control-b8572fe2d0b1

Goldfish

Vu+ Newbie
jmac: Well, when I enter the settings menu on my Sony TV it lists the devices Chromecast and VU+ Duo2. So I would say HDMI-CEC is enabled. Well well, I think I will have to live with this. Well well I guess I will have to live with this.

I wonder if there is something wrong with the HDMI-CEC-plugin for the duo2.

jmac

Vu+ Newbie
Something else you might try found in Chromecast faqs. Please note that in order for CEC to work (if CEC is supported by your TV), your Chromecast must be powered by a power outlet.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
when I enter the settings menu on my Sony TV it lists the devices Chromecast and VU+ Duo2. So I would say HDMI-CEC is enabled.
No, not necessarily.
The HDMI device identification doesn't mean that CEC is enabled on that port, they are different things.

PeterP2

Vu+ Newbie
Same issue here.
VU+ Solo2 attached to port HDMI1 on a AVR Marants NR1603 , and a Chromecast (CC) on HDMI2.
HDMI-CEC is enabled on VU+, AVR and on my TV-set (Samsung), and everything works as expected with my VU+ remote.

But when I select port HDMI2 on AVR for CC, it automatically reverts (after 2-3 sec) back to VU+ on HDMI1, doesn't matter how many times I try, it never stays on HDMI2.
Have tried both the older (USB-stick like) of CC and newer generation 2 of CC. same behaviour. Both with the latest firmware.
Also have PS3 and Zotac(mini-pc) on other HDMI-ports on AVR, and for those devices/ports it works as expected.

Only thing I have found that helps (as mentioned by Goldfish) is to disable the HDMI-CEC plugin on the VU+.
Also, as a second workaround, I've found that rebooting the CC, and at the same time select the HDMI2 port on AVR, then the signal stays and CC comes up on my TV-set and ready for further action.
VU+ on BlackHole version 2.1.6.

Can live with the workarounds, but it puzzles me where the issue has its origin...
anyone with any fresh ideas ?

moaBoBmArLeY

Vu+ Newbie
Hello, I have the same problem with a "NeoTV 550" every time I switch the HDMI port it return back to the vu+ duo2 port, I completely turn off the vu+ and the A/V receiver for a few second then power up, the problem disappears for a few days then turn back.