Hello from Kiwi down under

Sparra

Vu+ Newbie
Hello from New Zealand,
I brought a vu-duo around 2009 from a web site here in nz cost me $725 had a few teething problems
but got them all sorted out and have had a good run out of it till now, Last night we had a power cut and this morning the duo had a red light showing in the face, I have turned it off and left it for awhile turned it back on and it will not boot so going to try flashing it and see how it goes. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Maybe its time to buy a new one.
Sparra

Sparra

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for that, Another site has the same problem and the guy changed the C807 capacitor I put mine into the shop yesterday get it back tomorrow will let you know how i get on
Sparra

Sparra

Vu+ Newbie
well got the vu duo back from the repair shop and it was the capacitor and a $120 bucks later she's up and running fine

huhana

Vu+ Newbie
well got the vu duo back from the repair shop and it was the capacitor and a $120 bucks later she's up and running fine
Kia Ora Sparrow I'm a kiwi with a vu+duo prob. Can you tell me where you had yours repaired mine has a no tuner probably.

huhana

Vu+ Newbie
Kia ora Sparrow my tuners have died, ... slowly but now definitely gone.. Have done all steps up to accepting this fact just want to send it somewhere. I'm in Nelson but don't really care where in nz it goes.

Sparra

Vu+ Newbie
Hi huhana, I took mine to Marlborough tv services here in blenheim and he admitted he didn't know anything about the duo's and i suspect many repair shops wont have even seen one, your best bet is to ask on here if one of the members has had the same problem or try google like I did and found another forum that had the answer, First thing to do is find out if the tuners are replacable and I think they are then your best bet is to source them direct from the UK. I'll do some digging for you.
Sparra

huhana

Vu+ Newbie
Hi huhana, I took mine to Marlborough tv services here in blenheim and he admitted he didn't know anything about the duo's and i suspect many repair shops wont have even seen one, your best bet is to ask on here if one of the members has had the same problem or try google like I did and found another forum that had the answer, First thing to do is find out if the tuners are replacable and I think they are then your best bet is to source them direct from the UK. I'll do some digging for you.
Sparra

huhana

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks so much Sparra I'm away on retreat tomorrow until next Sunday so no hurry. Tried on geekzone but only one guy replying suggesting I first try replacing capacitor. Not convinced but hell who knows. I used to always play around with these things and fix myself but too unwell these days and energy needs to go elsewhere.. Sourcing from UK makes sense. i did suspect LNB but single tuner Dishtv STB spare is running o.k.

Sparra

Vu+ Newbie
Ok so we know your dish and LNB are working ok so what happnens when you power it up, do you get the red light in the display that is there all the time or will it boot and how far, and wot messages come up.