help needed on how to edit a pyo file

Status
Not open for further replies.

noban

Vu+ Newbie
there is a plugin called M2K Film and it seems quite good,the problem is that its default language is German and its written so that the internet sites it connects to go to the German part of the site.

ok i thought,just a simple matter of editing the pyo file and changing the index.php?lang=de to index.php?lang=eng on every http line.

so with notepad++ i made these changes.

but,after the changes the plugin doesnt show in the plugins list so i cannot even start it.

what am i doing wrong?

niglou

BH Lover
You cannot edit a pyo file because it is compiled.
You can edit only the py which is the source. So if you do not have the py, ask to the author;.....or pay for a de-python as there is no free software for reverse engineering.

noban

Vu+ Newbie
ah ok i thought this might be the reason,but posted for confirmation and to see if anyone knew of a good decompiler.

such a pity then as i dont know the author and with just a few simple changes to the language this would be an excellent plugin to compliment 1channel.

Shiro

BH-C
ah ok i thought this might be the reason,but posted for confirmation and to see if anyone knew of a good decompiler.
such a pity then as i dont know the author and with just a few simple changes to the language this would be an excellent plugin to compliment 1channel.

Decompiling is not allowed here.
You have to ask to the author.

thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.