HELP URGENT

johnnny Kavanagh

Vu+ Newbie
accidentally downloaded a lcd picon that did not run correctly and instead of deleting skin_user.xml i deleted skin.xml now its stuck on gui screen

johnnny Kavanagh

Vu+ Newbie
i need a copy of skin.xml to replace but how do i delete the lcd picons cause it wont let me update firmware as the lcd wont responed correctly

johnnny Kavanagh

Vu+ Newbie
i cant install new image, it doesnt give me the option becuase of the lcd picon plugin, if i could remove that it might help and whats DCC?

johnnny Kavanagh

Vu+ Newbie
the lcd picon plugin was for the ultimo any idea how or where to find and remove it , its because of the plugin that the software update option via usb wont run

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Go to your box with FTP, find the plugin's subfolder in the folder:
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions
and delete it, then reboot.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Are you sure it was really successfully installed?
BTW, look in all the box folders if you find something that might be related to that plugin.
Eventually, you could also flash again a new clean image from a USB pendrive and start from scratch, this method is always possible.

Last edited:

johnnny Kavanagh

Vu+ Newbie
yes defo installed, its the reason i cant flash cause the lcd wont show the "update option' cause its the wrong picon setup (ment for ultimo not solo 2) this is the screen its stuck on, if i cant flash from usb what can i flash from and how?

Attachments

• DSC_0125.JPG
    DSC_0125.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 5

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Maybe there is the common flashing problem...
Disconnect everything from the USB ports, leave only the USB pendrive (as small in GB as possible) correctly FAT32 formatted and filled.

johnnny Kavanagh

Vu+ Newbie
Have done , its defo the lcd picon thats causing this because when it was working the lcd was very slow to respond for example if i went into menu and back out of menu, menu would still be on the lcd panel on the box.

Mick12334

Can you please try flashing your VU+ Solo 2 again, with a new Black Hole image, first formatting your USB stick, in FAT 32, using your PC, then loading the vuplus folder, even if you can't see the update message you can still try pressing the blue circle, power button, to get it to update.