How do I do a complete backup

ugg327

Vu+ Newbie
How do I do a complete backup... I have blackhole working great but would like to try other images..... will it backup cams and details...

ugg327

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks, But I allready tried those suggestions and get error.... Surely there is a plugin that can be downloaded to use...

Zupy

Vu+ User+++
What version did you downloaded - try again because i use this all the times and 100% works OK.

ugg327

Vu+ Newbie
Dont know what version...It does not say.. I downloaded and installed again, same result, No box detected.

a911

The BH Lover
Dont know what version...It does not say.. I downloaded and installed again, same result, No box detected.

Did U install BH image from here!
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-solo-black-hole-images.32/
or else...
confused.gif
!

In order to get help and support, U should give detail not blind Q?

Back up of e2 settings can be done thru software management!
later on when am @home will write to U setp-by-step for settings back up!

Rgdz
a911

a911

The BH Lover
Sorry but my box is not infornt of me,,,,wait!
And within few hours, will show how to backup your e2 settings !
Or other members will do!

a911

The BH Lover
Hi ugg327

lets go and make e2 settings backup!

1st
menu>setup>>system>>>customize....change setup mode to Expert (from RC <> lift or right)....OK (Green save),,,then exit!

2nd
menu>software management>>Advance option>>>choose Backup location.....make a chose (USB or HDD)...exit!

3rd
menu>software management>>>Advance option>>>choose backup files,,,will see a folder and a name, for example...ETC ( press ok)

4th
etc>engima2 ( from button down choose Yellow > select, then Green>save ....a green check mark will show!)
using RC arrows,,,,Up Down,,, make a choose , then can Select and Deselect any folder U want to save !

5th
Save>exit>>backup system settings,,,OK,,, a message will show that Backup is done!,,,exit,,,exit,,etc!

Now U'r ready to install a new BH image, with out loosing U'r settings!

GdLuck and Have Fun!
a911

ugg327

Vu+ Newbie
Hi ugg327

lets go and make e2 settings backup!

1st
menu>setup>>system>>>customize....change setup mode to Expert (from RC <> lift or right)....OK (Green save),,,then exit!

2nd
menu>software management>>Advance option>>>choose Backup location.....make a chose (USB or HDD)...exit!

3rd
menu>software management>>>Advance option>>>choose backup files,,,will see a folder and a name, for example...ETC ( press ok)

4th
etc>engima2 ( from button down choose Yellow > select, then Green>save ....a green check mark will show!)
using RC arrows,,,,Up Down,,, make a choose , then can Select and Deselect any folder U want to save !

5th
Save>exit>>backup system settings,,,OK,,, a message will show that Backup is done!,,,exit,,,exit,,etc!

Now U'r ready to install a new BH image, with out loosing U'r settings!

GdLuck and Have Fun!
a911

Thanks for going to all the trouble.....I will give it a go in the morning...A bit late now for me...LOL

Likvid

Vu+ Newbie
Restore doesn't work for me, i manually backuped all files in /etc/enigma2 when upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4

When i goto Tuner configuration it says "Not configured" despite i am having 34 satellites stored in the settings file.

Why doesn't it work? i am really tired of having to manually add every satellite everytime i upgrade the image.

a911

The BH Lover
Restore doesn't work for me, i manually backuped all files in /etc/enigma2 when upgrading from 1.4.3 to 1.4.4

When i goto Tuner configuration it says "Not configured" despite i am having 34 satellites stored in the settings file.

Why doesn't it work? i am really tired of having to manually add every satellite everytime i upgrade the image.

Where are U saving the E2 setting, HDD or USB?

Tamaki

Administrator

Did you use software manager to backup settings?

Likvid

Vu+ Newbie
Did you use software manager to backup settings?

No i backup manually but i took the same files as the software manager backup so there is no difference.

You really don't need the software manager for backup as the files to backup are pretty obvious, everything from /etc/enigma2 and then /etc/network/interfaces and then /etc/hostname and /etc/resolv.conf

After i flashed 1.4.4 i uploaded all files back to /etc/enigma2 and rebooted, nothing happens.

Tamaki

Administrator
No i backup manually but i took the same files as the software manager backup so there is no difference.

You really don't need the software manager for backup as the files to backup are pretty obvious, everything from /etc/enigma2 and then /etc/network/interfaces and then /etc/hostname and /etc/resolv.conf

After i flashed 1.4.4 i uploaded all files back to /etc/enigma2 and rebooted, nothing happens.
Why don't you try to backup and restore settings with software manager, and see if you have the same problem?
For me it is working fine.
Maybe you miss something?