how do I use 4 way diseq switch to get 3 dishes, 2 fixed, 1 motorised?

gbmitie

Vu+ Newbie
I set up the 3 connections to a 4 way diseq, left input 4 idle ie no connection. In settings for tuner I selecteed a/b/c/d and left yes yes at bottom. But it will not work. I can only see one sat.

Then I switched to a 2 way and that works fine.

Is there anymore settings I need to adjust? Or could it be a faulty 4 way switch, it is old!!

gb-

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I set up the 3 connections to a 4 way diseq, left input 4 idle ie no connection. In settings for tuner I selecteed a/b/c/d and left yes yes at bottom. But it will not work. I can only see one sat.

Then I switched to a 2 way and that works fine.

Is there anymore settings I need to adjust? Or could it be a faulty 4 way switch, it is old!!

gb-

You can't use Diseqc 1.0 switch for motorised dish. It has to be connected directly. Diseqc 1.0 and 1.1 protocol is only for switching LNB's.

gbmitie

Vu+ Newbie
thanks for reply, as usaul I made assumptions!! I have a quad lnb on the motorised dish and use a spider to drive dish. So the idea is have a direct feed from the motorised dish and from the 2 fixed dishes = 3 lnb inputs. So the idea is if I want to record say 30west, drive dish there and use input c, then have a, b, for 28 east and 9east.

This should work but I may be missing a vital item in the settings.

gb-

gbmitie

Vu+ Newbie
its the vu+ uno, i am not bothered about watching one sat and recording another so if i want 30w I can leave it at that. its only got a single tuner and a dvb t tuner at the moment. I was thinking of getting a twin tuner module but should I be able to use diseq with one tuner as well?

gb-

paolino

Vu+ User+++
its the vu+ uno, i am not bothered about watching one sat and recording another so if i want 30w I can leave it at that. its only got a single tuner and a dvb t tuner at the moment. I was thinking of getting a twin tuner module but should I be able to use diseq with one tuner as well?

gb-

With a single sat tuner you can't use Diseqc 1.2 Usals motor and Diseqc 1.0 (1.1) switch together. You need twin tuner for your Uno.

gbmitie

Vu+ Newbie
i think you are confused, the 3 lnbs are as if i was using 3 fixed dishes, the motor is used by another sat receiver, so the question is how do i use the a/b/c/d with 3 lnb's? If its just a case of selecting abcd and saving then for me it is not working?

gb

paolino

Vu+ User+++
i think you are confused, the 3 lnbs are as if i was using 3 fixed dishes, the motor is used by another sat receiver, so the question is how do i use the a/b/c/d with 3 lnb's? If its just a case of selecting abcd and saving then for me it is not working?

gb

No, I'm not confused.

This is a title of thread created by you:
how do I use 4 way diseq switch to get 3 dishes, 2 fixed, 1 motorised?
You mixed two different things together.

Now you are writting about 3 lnb's "as if I was using fixed dishes".

Please, write, how the things really are. It's difficult to help you not knowing your sat rig.

gbmitie

Vu+ Newbie
ok you are right, I am making assumptions that the reader will know I am using motor with a different receiver and a quad lnb but its obivious I am not making myself clear. No wonder I am having problems. The box is new to me as is the image and what may appear straightforward initially it is a bit more somplex. I am doing a few things at same time so not conentrating on one at a time. Its the footie.

Forget I mentioned motorised as that clouds the issue so assume I have 3 fixed dishes and a 4 way diseq switch, that is old. I may have stumbled on the answer myself while watching man city and fiddling. I select abcd and instead of simple I go advanced and then select each lnb in turn ie 1, 2, 3 and then assign a sat to each one. I have done this for the a/b switch and its working so will have to wait now until later to try with the 4 way but methinks it will work.

I may be wrong of course. and thanks again for taking the trouble to reply

by the way how do i change heading to delete "motorised"?

gbmitie

Vu+ Newbie
this an update, I bought a new 4 way diseq switch, it was for diseq2.0 protocol but is backwards compatible, so when you select a/b/c/d in settings, under tuner configuration, advanced, it automatically shows diseq 1.0. you then configure the 4 inputs using the sequence aa for lnb 1 , ab for lnb 2, bb for lnb 3 and ba for lnb 4. There is another option that has to be selected and that is under tone and and can be on, off, or band, I choose the one that worked.