how to change the EMC front LCD display

ch061441

Vu+ Newbie
Dear Forum,
I am very happy with my Vu+ solo4k and of course with your Blackhole image, it is amaizing.

I was able to do all the setup and all is running fine, I have only one issue with EMC, Enhanced Movie Center,
the front display shows a very little info when EMC is working.

I found a add on (Mini TV Skinner) for 4k in other forum, but this doesn't work with BH, my question, how kann I change the display for EMC, has any one of you created one which I could use.

Thx a lot for your help.

nunigaia

Dear Forum,
I am very happy with my Vu+ solo4k and of course with your Blackhole image, it is amaizing.

I was able to do all the setup and all is running fine, I have only one issue with EMC, Enhanced Movie Center,
the front display shows a very little info when EMC is working.

I found a add on (Mini TV Skinner) for 4k in other forum, but this doesn't work with BH, my question, how kann I change the display for EMC, has any one of you created one which I could use.

Thx a lot for your help.

You have 2 posts and 1 thread.
Please, don´t spamm through the board with the same question.

Read our board rules --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

" You must wait for an answer "

thank you

best regards
nunigaia

ch061441

Vu+ Newbie
sorry nunigaia, I was not able to create a new thread before, got some errors, "you are not able to post links" (I had no links on my text) and after more tries created the posts.
I'd like to ask you to delete my other 2 posts and leave only this thread here.

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

The Plugin your looking for is :
Lcd4linux v4.7r2 (IPK Packages ) ( Black Hole E2 )
You ca install that by Pressing the Green/Yellow Button
after choose Addons Download Manager Press OK after that
choose Black Hole Addons Plugins Press Ok than scroll down
till you find Lcd4linux v4.7r2
I did not use it yet but as i say that is the Plugin you need to
setup the LCD Display

ch061441

Vu+ Newbie
I have tried it now, but only with 90% success ....................
I can now see a better EMC display, while EMC is running, but have following problem ....

The display will not filled 100% (see pictures)
in the one where TV is running the display will be filled 100%, the other one where EMC is running and configured with LCD4LINUX is not filled 100%, I have tried more settings on lcd4linux, but without success, I can change the resolution but only changes the resolution and not the size of the display on EMC.
Has any one of you any ideas ?

5mf4ga9x
5mf4ga9x
auyyccox
dn6us1d1

ch061441

Vu+ Newbie
Here you can see the pictures, I think the links are not working and also the lcd4linux settings I set.
Is possible that the lcd4linux does not yet fully support the vu+ 4k?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 81
  • Snap2.jpg
    Snap2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Snap3.jpg
    Snap3.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 81

harddriver

Vu+ User
Hi

The 4K is a relative new Box,the Tool is it not,so yes maybe the Tool need
a few modifacations for the 4k.
Another alternative can be the adjustment of EMCMediaCenter_LCD.xml
but hey,don´t ask me how to do it,thats not my Building site i use on BH Image the MediaPlayer Deluxe

ch061441

Vu+ Newbie
First install lcd4linux from feed, then on your pc with Internet explorer or other browser go to your_ip/lcd4linux, there you will see the front of your vu+ (picture nr. 2) then just click on it and you will get picture nr.1, you are now on the config, there choose LCD 1 Typ "internes Box-Skin LCD", down on the same side click "setzte einstellungen" it is just save.
Then click on Box skin-lcd,(picture 4) and there choose the right display settings, see picture 4 and mark skin media mode (this is only for EMC) all other skinns will have the defaut.

when you are finish click on save (picture 5) right up in your screen, then you have only to restart your display (with BH menu on your TV)

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    57.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    54 KB · Views: 62
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    7.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    50.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 5.PNG
    5.PNG
    9.2 KB · Views: 48

hayman

Vu+ Newbie
nice thanks for that ,i swa some where in standby mode they got an analog clock can any one tell how please thanks again

nunigaia

First install lcd4linux from feed, then on your pc with Internet explorer or other browser go to your_ip/lcd4linux, there you will see the front of your vu+ (picture nr. 2) then just click on it and you will get picture nr.1, you are now on the config, there choose LCD 1 Typ "internes Box-Skin LCD", down on the same side click "setzte einstellungen" it is just save.
Then click on Box skin-lcd,(picture 4) and there choose the right display settings, see picture 4 and mark skin media mode (this is only for EMC) all other skinns will have the defaut.

when you are finish click on save (picture 5) right up in your screen, then you have only to restart your display (with BH menu on your TV)
nice thanks for that ,i swa some where in standby mode they got an analog clock can any one tell how please thanks again

It´s not only this.

You must define also MEDIA SCREEN..... ( take a look on the screen shot ).

4.PNG

LCD_4_Media.png