How to change what the display shows on the VU+ DUO box

bunderson

Vu+ Newbie
First of all just wanted to say a massive thanks for the Black Hole image and the really amazing help I've received on these forums. After a massive disappointment with the VIX images (and dreadful support) I am now a happy owner of the Duo box. I have the plugins I need, the media player works excellent, the cool TV guide works like a dream but just got one small question.

How do you get the display on the front of the box to display the name of the channel being watched rather then the bouquet name? At the moment I am watching "Dave" but the display reads "entertainment" which is the bouquet name.

Again this is not really stopping me from enjoying the box and image, just a small niggle.

Many thanks

I have a duo to. My box always shows the channel i'm viewing, and not the bouqet name. I´ve done nothing to change this, it has allways ben like this, nomatter what image im using. So somehow it must be possible to change!

bunderson

Vu+ Newbie
It seems to always display the last thing I was doing, for instance if I I'm in the system menu then go straight to a channel, it still reads "menu". If I change from channel 1 to 2, it displays channel 1./

Wiggy9

Vu+ Newbie
I have 3 Duos and one Ultimo. They all display the name of the channel being watched, not the bouquet name.

moaBoBmArLeY

Vu+ Newbie
I think you have installed lcd picones on duo and these are only for ultimo.

You can try this:

- Make a backup

- Remove this file:
Code:
/etc/enigma2/skin-user.xml

- Remove this folder:
Code:
/usr/share/enigma2/vfd-icons

- Reboot.