how to connect RF modulator Solo 4K

chipemulator

Vu+ Newbie
Hello forum

How can i connect RF modulator to my Solo 4K receiver as there is no scart or RCA outputs?
Solo4k HDMI is connected to my Samsung TV, and i dont have any Scart or RCA output on TV too...:(

Any idea?

regards

chipemulator

Vu+ Newbie
i want to keeo my current modulator (analogic) as some of my tv´s are not equiped with DVT standart..
Can i use, HDMI splitter an any sort of HDMI to RCA converter?
As solo4k is UHD, i need any special splitter to avoid loose quality?

fredc

Vu+ Newbie
Most splitters are cheap and nasty. I've had problems trying to do the same thing. I got a 2 way splitter on ebay, and a HDMI to composite converter, just like you said. I also needed to get CEC passed through from the source to the TV. I gave up in the end I'm afraid. If it wasn't CEC going flaky on me, it was the interconnecting cables.

For reference I bought iitems similar to these - 251757675458 and 171726687197. Do a search on ebay for these 2 item nos (the forum wont let me post direct links yet).

I've now gone down the path of getting each TV a TV stick / Raspberry Pi (running Kodi) and I'm sharing the tuners. This is the best solution for me, as it also works with phones and tablets. Plus I've got rid of the file server and put media files onto the hard disk in the Solo4k.

chipemulator

Vu+ Newbie
I found this HDMI 2.0 splitter on ebay 5060430078562.
Key Features
  • Supports HDMI Deep Colour, 3D and DVI 1.0 compliant
  • HDMI 2.0 compliant
  • HDCP 2.2 compliant
  • Video Bandwidth: 21Gbps
  • Resolution upto 4K2K 297MHz Video
  • Automatic EDID Learning
  • Supports xvYCC, x.v.Colour and Deep Colour
  • Supports Dolby Digital, DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD Audio
  • Easy Installation .1 HDMI In Port, 2 HDMI Out Ports

There is no description of cec anywhere is specs.

Is EDID the same as CEC?

Do you think it will work together with HDMI to Composite video converter ebay ref 171726687197?

fredc

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry, was doing an item no search in ebay.

Looks like it should do it. Best advice is to ask the seller if it will pass a 4k signal direct to the screen connected out of port HDMI 1. If they say yes, then you can return it if it fails to work.

Make sure you've got the correct cables and make sure all 3 are the same. Try getting a small F-F coupler to test 2 joined together from the box to the screen, before you put the splitter in circuit. Then connect the unit in place of the coupler, and remember to apply power to it. Power everything off (at the wall, not standby), wait a minute, and then power it up again and re-test. Then do a separate test, from the solo 4k direct to the HDMI->composite convertor and make sure that works as expected. Finally connect it all together in its final config and test. Full power down again and then re-test.

Cables can be cause a lot of the problems, with no one make or supplier more reliable than any other, and price is no guarantee either. The biggest issue seems to be CEC, though some cables fail on HDCP. Neither of these protocols should be an issue to you, as I don't think the Solo 4k bothers sending HDCP, and you didn't say you were using CEC. Try a couple of low cost cables first, before you splash out big bucks (I've used plusbee, rhino cables and kenable sellers on ebay).

Hope this helps

chipemulator

Vu+ Newbie
I will contact Manufacturer of splitter prior to buy.
I will need CEC, because i want control solo4k with my samsung tv remote controler

i will let you know the results

fredc

Vu+ Newbie
Hope it goes well.

I'm using CEC on my LG tv to a Raspberry Pi. I once mistakedly set up CEC on a second device, and now if I connect anything in HDMI1, CEC stops working on the Pi.

Perhaps is just LG tvs.