How to create a jpg picture for LCD?

elec

Vu+ Newbie
I don't know how many hours I spent to figure out how to get a jpeg picture in the lcd of my Duo2 box!
I just get a very small picture in the upper left corner of the display and with osd information covering the rest of the lcd.
Does someone have a config where there is no osd information only just where I can insert the pathway to my jpg file.

Please help

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
It is easy to display picture by edit the config. The picture is displayed by second screen. if you haven't have special requirement, you may download the config file from the relevant post here. If you still need help. I can edit the config file for you.

elec

Vu+ Newbie
It is easy to display picture by edit the config. The picture is displayed by second screen. if you haven't have special requirement, you may download the config file from the relevant post here. If you still need help. I can edit the config file for you.

Thank you for trying to help!
I have searched but, I can not find any config file that give me only a jpg picture in the display.
I would appreciate if you have a configfile that create.
Thank You!

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
@elec, it is no problem, I will make one when I can reach my receiver. Would you please confirm the following requirements?
1. Do you realy want the One Screen only with JPEG picture?
2. Or Do you want 2 screens (one with channel information and one with picture)? This option is more popular. Of course, you can set the channel information sceen displays only a few seconds. Based on my experience, the LCD screen may be too small to display the picture in details, amusiment purpose is more than a real use.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Hi, @elec, the lcd4linux config file is a zip file and after you download it and you should unzip it and rename it to the correct name. You may need to do some backup before you do the test.
1. Backup your original lcd4linux config file, in case, you need to go back your original config.
2. The LCD4linux may relate to picons' size, I use 100x60.
3. The JPG photo's size may affect the performance of the display. The photos' size should be smaller than 480 in length. Although the photo's size can be large, but I find smaller size is better.
3. The more important things are the path of the photos, picons and lcdbackground file. I set them as:

background path=== /media/usb/backgrounds/bg_11.jpg
LCDphotos path === /media/usb/lcdphotos/
Picon Path ==== /media/usb/picon/

you may change to any folders you want, but I suggest to keep the config file as it is and change/make new folders as above in order to test the config.

The config set to display 2 screens. screen-1 displays basic channel information, the screen-2 disply photos. The change time is 30 seconds. you can change it easly from the setting menu.

Good luck

Attachments

• lcd4config-Test.zip
    963 bytes · Views: 33

elec

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, @elec, the lcd4linux config file is a zip file and after you download it and you should unzip it and rename it to the correct name. You may need to do some backup before you do the test.
1. Backup your original lcd4linux config file, in case, you need to go back your original config.
2. The LCD4linux may relate to picons' size, I use 100x60.
3. The JPG photo's size may affect the performance of the display. The photos' size should be smaller than 480 in length. Although the photo's size can be large, but I find smaller size is better.
3. The more important things are the path of the photos, picons and lcdbackground file. I set them as:

background path=== /media/usb/backgrounds/bg_11.jpg
LCDphotos path === /media/usb/lcdphotos/
Picon Path ==== /media/usb/picon/

you may change to any folders you want, but I suggest to keep the config file as it is and change/make new folders as above in order to test the config.

The config set to display 2 screens. screen-1 displays basic channel information, the screen-2 disply photos. The change time is 30 seconds. you can change it easly from the setting menu.

Good luck

Working great!
Thank's again!