How to get Srt subtitles to work with MKV files

nunigaia

How shall i do to get SRT subtitles to work with a MKV video file?
I am using mediaplayer on my VU Duo2
When I play a common Mpg4file i can choose the srt file, (using green/yellow button) but with a MKV file i do not get any SRT file to choose.
I upgraded following this :
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...-as-default-player-on-xbmc.23381/#post-178127

On the link you say you have upgraded to Mediaplayer2, read carefully the post ( on it check information regarding controls ).

How to do it:

On playing a movie if you press on your RCU subtitles ( instead of green / yellow button ), it will open subtitles ( Subssupport plugin ), where you can choose your subtitles.

Note: If the Subtitles ( srt file ), has the same name of the Movie, example:

Movie_name.mkv or Movie_name.Mp4 your subtitles srt file must be --> Movie_name.srt

In this case, you don´t need to push any button, Mediaplayer2 will do it "on the fly".

best regards
nunigaia

elec

Vu+ Newbie
On the link you say you have upgraded to Mediaplayer2, read carefully the post ( on it check information regarding controls ).

How to do it:

On playing a movie if you press on your RCU subtitles ( instead of green / yellow button ), it will open subtitles ( Subssupport plugin ), where you can choose your subtitles.

Note: If the Subtitles ( srt file ), has the same name of the Movie, example:

Movie_name.mkv or Movie_name.Mp4 your subtitles srt file must be --> Movie_name.srt

In this case, you don´t need to push any button, Mediaplayer2 will do it "on the fly".

best regards
nunigaia

I do not get any Srt file to choose when i press RCU subtitles. I have the SRT subtitle file in the same folder as the MKV movie.
The SRT file is named the same as the MKV movie with the .srt ending.
When i test the movie using VLC on my computer there is no problem with the subtitles.

nunigaia

I do not get any Srt file to choose when i press RCU subtitles. I have the SRT subtitle file in the same folder as the MKV movie.
The SRT file is named the same as the MKV movie with the .srt ending.
When i test the movie using VLC on my computer there is no problem with the subtitles.

If you have subtitles file and movie file on the same location ( directory ), it will be able to display your subtitles normally when push play movie!

best regards
nunigaia

elec

Vu+ Newbie
I installed the BH 2.1.7 version and tested a MKV movie with an SRT subtitle named the same as the MKV movie and located in the same folder.
But I have the same problem. No SRT subtitle to choose.
When I use VLC on my computer and run the movie everything works fine.
I downloaded VLC to my Duo2 from the BH feeds but I can not get it to work. Does that VLC version OE 2.0 work using BH 2.1.7?
I want to watch the movie that is located on the local HD in my Duo2 and set VLC ip to my local ipadress for my box.
Then a path to my local movie folder. /hdd/movie/name of the movie
But VLC msg is : error loading play list

nunigaia

I installed the BH 2.1.7 version and tested a MKV movie with an SRT subtitle named the same as the MKV movie and located in the same folder.
But I have the same problem. No SRT subtitle to choose.
When I use VLC on my computer and run the movie everything works fine.
I downloaded VLC to my Duo2 from the BH feeds but I can not get it to work. Does that VLC version OE 2.0 work using BH 2.1.7?
I want to watch the movie that is located on the local HD in my Duo2 and set VLC ip to my local ipadress for my box.
Then a path to my local movie folder. /hdd/movie/name of the movie
But VLC msg is : error loading play list

No, the path must be " /media/hdd/movie ", there you must have the follow files to work:

• name_of_the_movie.mkv
  • name_of_the_movie.srt
When playing a movie, if you are using MEDIAPLAYER embedded, during playing you must press <YELLOW> 2X, on your remote control to access subtitles menu, you will find your srt to activate you must have a cross in it!

best regards
nunigaia

elec

Vu+ Newbie
The attached file shows my VLC settings. The ip adress is my Duo2 internal ipadress and I am running VLC from my Duo2 as well.
My movie is located in /media/hdd/movie/ name of the movie.MKV and name of the movie.SRT
The name of the files is correct.

Attachments

• grab1.jpg
    grab1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 31

nunigaia

The attached file shows my VLC settings. The ip adress is my Duo2 internal ipadress and I am running VLC from my Duo2 as well.
My movie is located in /media/hdd/movie/ name of the movie.MKV and name of the movie.SRT
The name of the files is correct.

Try change transcode Mpeg / DVDideo from <no> to <yes>

best regards
nunigaia