How to stream server-tuner to my PS3

thijss

Vu+ User
Hi,i have the vu+ultimo and am able to stream the server-tuner with vlc-mediaplayer on my pc.
Would like to be able to stream it to my PS3 for educational purpose too.
But i don't know how , can anybody help me with this.
What do i need on the ps3,do i need to install something on it and how?

PieFav

Administrator
before Blu >Blu activate BH tuner server
then in the PS3
choice mediatomb, then navigate in the treeNOT in the movie tree, but in the files tree then in harddisk then tuner then select a channel

golfvenus1967

Vu+ Newbie
I have got mediatomb installed and everything seems ok. On the PS3 mediatomb shows up in the menu 3 times. Once in music, in photo and video. None of these will open my channels because they are only looking for music,photo and video. How do i get to the files tree as stated above ?

yummer

BH Lover
Go to the video one mate on xmediabar on ps3. Click on media tomb icon. To watch channel streams go to playlists> directories> then pick your bouquet> then pick channel> then click the channel file.

If you want to watch stuff you've recorded PC directory>media>HDD>movie and they should all be there.

golfvenus1967

Vu+ Newbie
Go to the video one mate on xmediabar on ps3. Click on media tomb icon. To watch channel streams go to playlists> directories> then pick your bouquet> then pick channel> then click the channel file.

If you want to watch stuff you've recorded PC directory>media>HDD>movie and they should all be there.
Thx for reply
My movies stream fine.
When I try the channels like you said, i get ' media server error ' 00000190
Any ideas?
I did have it working a few months ago, but after not using it for a while and possibly through upgrades. Now can't sort it.

yummer

BH Lover
Thx for reply
My movies stream fine.
When I try the channels like you said, i get ' media server error ' 00000190
Any ideas?
I did have it working a few months ago, but after not using it for a while and possibly through upgrades. Now can't sort it.
Have you tried disabling media tomb and tuner server on your vu. Then build server again. And re-enable mediatomb. Make sure your ps3 is up to date aswell. I'm on latest firmware on ps3 and latest BH image and have no issues. So I'd try to disable and built tuner server again bud

golfvenus1967

Vu+ Newbie
I've tried that today. No luck.
Can you verify some settings on vu box for me plz.
Under mount manager - media/hdd is mounted and is it nfs or cifs?
Thx for help

golfvenus1967

Vu+ Newbie
I use mediatomb bud. But try it... It should pop up like mediatomb after a server scan on xmediabar ps3 once enabled.
I'd rather get mediatomb working. It's frustrating because I had it working a while ago.
Could you give a rundown on what you have turned on/off in BH to setup mediatomb? How you have the mount setup and with which ip and folder.
Thankyou for trying to help!!!!!!

yummer

BH Lover
I'd rather get mediatomb working. It's frustrating because I had it working a while ago.
Could you give a rundown on what you have turned on/off in BH to setup mediatomb? How you have the mount setup and with which ip and folder.
Thankyou for trying to help!!!!!!
Right BH speed up all you need is mediatomb enabled m8.
Go to tuner server > build server
Go to mediatomb >enable

That's it. No need to network mount anything ;). My HDD is formatted and mounted using the vu + BH utilities not via telnet. Ext4

On ps3 search media servers.
On xmediabar go to video.
Pick media tomb. Then directories are same as I posted earlier. Be patient if all channels don't show up at once as it takes time to build the list. I'm on latest firmware on ps3 and latest BH image

golfvenus1967

Vu+ Newbie
Right BH speed up all you need is mediatomb enabled m8.
Go to tuner server > build server
Go to mediatomb >enable

That's it. No need to network mount anything ;). My HDD is formatted and mounted using the vu + BH utilities not via telnet. Ext4

On ps3 search media servers.
On xmediabar go to video.
Pick media tomb. Then directories are same as I posted earlier. Be patient if all channels don't show up at once as it takes time to build the list. I'm on latest firmware on ps3 and latest BH image
Just tried from the beginning and still nowt. Followed your info and when my channel list comes up I select a channel, this then brings up 4 more icons for the channel. I select one of them and screen goes black as if it is coming on , then after about 25 to 30 seconds I get the media server error. Usually 80710092.
Stumped.
Just tell me if you,'re sick of hearing about it now. Lol.

yummer

BH Lover
Just tried from the beginning and still nowt. Followed your info and when my channel list comes up I select a channel, this then brings up 4 more icons for the channel. I select one of them and screen goes black as if it is coming on , then after about 25 to 30 seconds I get the media server error. Usually 80710092.
Stumped.
Just tell me if you,'re sick of hearing about it now. Lol.
I've had this before on my ps3. Select the bottom one it should play then. Are you using ABM by any chance?

I had about 6 at one point lols

golfvenus1967

Vu+ Newbie
I've had this before on my ps3. Select the bottom one it should play then. Are you using ABM by any chance?

I had about 6 at one point lols
I have now been messing with my router and set up port forwarding. Now, like you say it will work with the bottom one in th selections but not all channels. No HD.
But all in all this a improvement.
Any more ideas are welcomed to improve my setup.Transcoding maybe. Does this improve anything?
Many Thanks for the help so far.

yummer

BH Lover
I have now been messing with my router and set up port forwarding. Now, like you say it will work with the bottom one in th selections but not all channels. No HD.
But all in all this a improvement.
Any more ideas are welcomed to improve my setup.Transcoding maybe. Does this improve anything?
Many Thanks for the help so far.
How is your ps3 connected to your lan wireless? The wireless on ps3 is useless if you can I'd connect by Ethernet or invest in a home plug starter kit. But yes if your vu+ can handle transcoding you can enable that. Mines wired up on cat5 cable but them homeplugs are still perfect for such a job. Stream HD easily then transcoding or not.