I just did an online software update, no channels work and can scan channels

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
VU+ DUO2 1tb hdd
Hi i just did an online image update, after the update all my channels are greyed out, if i try to scan channels i get an error messages failed to start scan

Tryed reset box!

No joy

It does not now work, menues work, anything selected on cable side scan etc. crashes box!
Satellite finder crashes box!

I have dual tuners, 2nd being a Cable tuner!

Help please

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
Yes i set all abcd to 28.2 so sly should have worked

Seems to have lost communication with tuners, they are there but not functioning

Mick12334

You have 4 satellite tuners fitted to your Duo2? I thought you mentioned that one of the tuners was cable.
can you please post more details, regarding your set up and how you have the Tuners configured.

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
Tuner A is connected to a Disec switch 4 port, A = 13 E , B= 19 E , D= 28E cant make mind up for 4th bird

And tuner B is cable

Been working fine till last update!

Did online update, took long time big download, longer than nomal, but lots of files

Mick12334

Are 13E, and 19.2E, working?
Your Tuner configuration should be simple, Diseqc A,B,C,D, and configure the ports, it's pointless setting all four to 28.2E as the LNB will only be connected to one of them.
If 13E, and 19.2E, are working check the connections to 28.2E, then try running a co-ax cable, directly from the 28.2E LNB to your receiver, bypassing the Diseqc switch, and see if it works.

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
20150526_131933.jpg No channels on any bird work, all are greyed out, and error when selected
Its as if the tuner boards dont work,1432642875604.jpg

Attachments

• 1432642928029.jpg
    1432642928029.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 5

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
No channels on any bird work

Its as if the tuner card is not working

Above error message when trying to scan channels and tuner config20150526_131949.jpg

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Been working fine till last update!

Did online update, took long time big download, longer than nomal, but lots of files
Remember for the next time: before any upgrade/flash make a Full Backup and keep it safe.
So you can fully revert to the previous condition.

In your present case, should you have got the Full Backup, you could have been able to immediately check if your tuner was still working, simply restoring the Full Backup...;)

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
Can i try a fresh install from a memory stick?

If so how do i force the box to install a fresh image

Done ot on my humaxes, dreamboxes, AZ HD box etc.

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
Antenna fine

Sounds like update must have screwed up both tuners

Its under warranty, less than 6 months old, and bought direct from importer

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
I fixed it

Loaded latest bootloader
Loaded latest image again
Both via USB stick

Restored backup

Up working 100%

Now

Thanks for suggestions

rogerk

Vu+ Newbie
I do a setup, software, system backup! Or Restore

Think problem may have been an incompatible *******

As it was there after online upgrade, but missing after manual update.

So installed an updated one and 100%