IPTV Recording

fuji

Vu+ Newbie
Hi I need some help if possible I have a VU+ Duo Running Open BH. I can view IPTV channels no problem but can't record. Works fine on normal Sat but not on IPTV. When I select record I get the recording menu. I select Add Recording Indefinitely. The menu pops up saying a recording has started. Then after about 10secs the picture just freezes. Any idea what I need to do.

Many Thanks

Joniale

Vu+ Newbie
I think the problem may be that your IPTV provider is only accepting ONE connection. If that is the case, the viewing connection is taken for recording. This is a bug with the opentv firmware, since you can use the same stream for recording and watching. I hope this will be corrected. I have tried OPENVIX 5.2 and i have seen this issue.
Other thing will be if you want to watch another channel different to the channel you record. In that case i would say you need 2 connections to the server.

Blackhole is one the few images that accully can record IPTV from Bouquets but as stated by joniale you need at least 2 connection.
But its important that you build your bouquets with servicetype DVB1 and set serviceApp to use internal Enigma2 player not ExtePlayer3

Then you can record IPTV streams just fine with Blackhole :)
Another option is to install plugin Xstreamity and record your stream from the plugin

kelkholy

Vu+ Newbie
Blackhole is one the few images that accully can record IPTV from Bouquets but as stated by joniale you need at least 2 connection.
But its important that you build your bouquets with servicetype DVB1 and set serviceApp to use internal Enigma2 player not ExtePlayer3

Then you can record IPTV streams just fine with Blackhole :)

Could you please elaborate above steps in details.

Thank you

Build your bouquets with servicetype DVB1 thats the same as Satellite
This can be done with Plugin JediMakerExtream

Then just record as you would do with a regular sat channel

Seanok

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for the advice.
Finally
The conversion of an m3u to bouquets with DVB1 works fine and I can watch the IPTV channels., but cannot record.
It says its recording but its blank.

I tried to access the same IPTV stream twice using VLC but looks like my IPTV service wont allow two connections.

Anything else I can do?

a911

The BH Lover
You need HDD for record !
Conected to Vu+ or PC the HDD , mount and share on your private network the HDD.

IPTV ,as far as I know, can not be recorded.

May be on android devises and using an app like : "TiviMate", but I never tried that.

Further more ,check the net there are few ways/tricks on how to recorded.

goodluk

Last edited:

paperino61

Vu+ User
IPTV ,as far as I know, can not be recorded.
<CUT>
HI, I thinh it's non completely true, in my case (solo4k with OBH) the recordings works ONLY if the box is in stand-by, not viewing every other channel (sat or dvb-t). The problem, in my case, is that often the recording has interrupted after some time, the end of the registration time does not always come

a911

The BH Lover
HI, I thinh it's non completely true, in my case (solo4k with OBH) the recordings works ONLY if the box is in stand-by, not viewing every other channel (sat or dvb-t). The problem, in my case, is that often the recording has interrupted after some time, the end of the registration time does not always come

U understood the issue wrongfully , we are discussing the recording of IPTV recoding, not SAT channels.
Please read the whole posts.

Regards,
a911

AlexWilMac

But I've always been able of recording IPTV. So, if you can't record, it probably depends on how the IPTV stream is provided, not on the IPTV in itself.

AlexWilMac

I don't know what is net flex (maybe you meant Netflix?) and I've used IPTV very occasionally. I don't like IPTV because I prefer the high quality and reliable REAL TV channels. But the few times I tried this system, I was always able to record.
But as the last expert about the subject, I just wanted to underline that, clearly, is not the IPTV in itself the problem but it must be the subtype of IPTV.

paperino61

Vu+ User
U understood the issue wrongfully , we are discussing the recording of IPTV recoding, not SAT channels.
Please read the whole posts.

Regards,
a911
And I was speaking about that..."IPTV Recording" not sat channels ... what's the problem? Read mu post if You like.....

a911

The BH Lover
I don't know what is net flex (maybe you meant Netflix?) and I've used IPTV very occasionally. I don't like IPTV because I prefer the high quality and reliable REAL TV channels. But the few times I tried this system, I was always able to record.
But as the last expert about the subject, I just wanted to underline that, clearly, is not the IPTV in itself the problem but it must be the subtype of IPTV.

IPTV such as amazon prime , Netflix, Disney+,,,Cannot be recorded.