Is it possible to re skin cool tv guide?

boyofford

Vu+ User
Hi all, my eye sight is a little bad at certain distances and I find certain combinations of colours easier to read.
So I've picked a skin that I fins easiest to read which has black text on top of white.
Is it possible to change the colours in the cool tv guide to? Don't mind editing files myself, but just after a nudge in the right direction.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Tamaki

Administrator
Hi all, my eye sight is a little bad at certain distances and I find certain combinations of colours easier to read.
So I've picked a skin that I fins easiest to read which has black text on top of white.
Is it possible to change the colours in the cool tv guide to? Don't mind editing files myself, but just after a nudge in the right direction.

I know it is possible, but i don't know how.
I think you have to give a look into plugin dir.

If you make changes let us know :)

Matrix10

Administrator
It is possible
but you have to know the coding for skins.

You have to copy the coding from the plugin in to skin.xml
or in to skin_user xml file
and make correct modifications.

But if you have no experience with skin coding it is difficult .

boyofford

Vu+ User
Thanks, I'll have a play and see what happens.
I've no skin experience in bh but have drastically modified skins in xbmc for personal use, so though different I'm not adverse to having a play.

boyofford

Vu+ User
Thought I'd have a look at this last night.

The backgrounds are just images so can be swaped/edited, they are in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/Cool3D/Menu.
And can create your own 3d button design by editing image files in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/Cool3D/MyDesign.

Then I got stumped, well gave up for the night as was late :D
I tried editing a xml file for the CoolTinyGuide to change text to black so would show up on white/grey backgrounds and after uploading my box got the GSD every time I selected the CoolTinyGuide.
At first I though it was a permissions problem so altered permissions but no go.
I was a bit indiscriminate in altering the colour tags though, doubt that would be a problem though?
Just had a thought, used gedit to edit files, that should be ok shouldn't it?
In the CoolTinyGuide.xml could see where in the file creates the header and footer stuff but couldn't see where controlled the main epg stuff, but it was late so will have another look when get chance.

Haven't looked into skin.xml as matrix said as forgot was mentioned and just ploughed in, I'll have a look there next I think.

If I didn't want to change the text colour it would be fairly easy to change the look and feel by changing backgrounds/buttons so have a go anyone is bored lol, If you get the GSD the easiest was to get working again that I've found is to just reinstall, your preferences are stored anyhow from what I've seen. But warning reinstall will wipe any new images you've put in place for buttons/backgrounds.

Anyhow, that's my little update of what I've done/tried to do so far!:lamo:

Tamaki

Administrator
Thought I'd have a look at this last night.

The backgrounds are just images so can be swaped/edited, they are in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/Cool3D/Menu.
And can create your own 3d button design by editing image files in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/CoolTVGuide/Cool3D/MyDesign.

Then I got stumped, well gave up for the night as was late :D
I tried editing a xml file for the CoolTinyGuide to change text to black so would show up on white/grey backgrounds and after uploading my box got the GSD every time I selected the CoolTinyGuide.
At first I though it was a permissions problem so altered permissions but no go.
I was a bit indiscriminate in altering the colour tags though, doubt that would be a problem though?
Just had a thought, used gedit to edit files, that should be ok shouldn't it?
In the CoolTinyGuide.xml could see where in the file creates the header and footer stuff but couldn't see where controlled the main epg stuff, but it was late so will have another look when get chance.

Haven't looked into skin.xml as matrix said as forgot was mentioned and just ploughed in, I'll have a look there next I think.

If I didn't want to change the text colour it would be fairly easy to change the look and feel by changing backgrounds/buttons so have a go anyone is bored lol, If you get the GSD the easiest was to get working again that I've found is to just reinstall, your preferences are stored anyhow from what I've seen. But warning reinstall will wipe any new images you've put in place for buttons/backgrounds.

Anyhow, that's my little update of what I've done/tried to do so far!:lamo:
Tnx for your reports, keep us informed, and post here your works if you like :)

boyofford

Vu+ User
Well as I said, images can be changed fairly easily......
but so far I can only seem to edit text colour of header(i.e. title etc) from white to black.

I've asked on cooltvguide forum and had a reply from coolman himself.
He said to search within skin.xml file for cooltvguide, but it is not there so I'm stumped for now, awaiting a reply for now.

Tried changing reference to white text all over the place in xmls in plugin and none seem to work as required.
Not sure which part of plugin coding you mean matrix? when you say to copy to skin.xml?
anyhow, tired so bed time lol

boyofford

Vu+ User
Had another play last night.
Changed the backgrounds in epg and changed text to black, then it was too late to do much else, I'll post how o changed text when get chance but here's a pic of what it looks like.
9yty4a6a.jpg

I'm no designer, so probably doesn't look as good as did before but at least I can read the text from sofa.
The font looks odd, almost like its got a feathered edge around it.
Doesn't happen on show being selected so must be way round it.

McrRed

Vu+ Newbie
I guess that's the next problem - how to differentiate between current prog, recording prog etc

But second that opinion, my eyesight's also too poor to read what is a great guide. :(

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

boyofford

Vu+ User
I guess that's the next problem - how to differentiate between current prog, recording prog etc

But second that opinion, my eyesight's also too poor to read what is a great guide. :(

Sent from my F9S using Tapatalk HD

I've used blue, green, red, yellow and black underline gradients, you should be able to see in pic above but it is a bit low resolution (and you no recording/pending recording so no red/yellow.

I'm not happy with it yet, but its more usable for me.