Is usb2 HDD suitable for viewing films on vu+duo?

xlarge

Vu+ Newbie
I have a Vu+duo2 at home and have many films recorded there and wish to move them to my other vu+duo (not vu+duo2) in my summer bungalow. I'm can use a 500GB HDD possibly via my home computer to the HDD and use one of the usb2 on the backside of the other Vu+duo for viewing.

Most of the films are in HD. Will this work?

Another method could be using esata, but I find it more complicated as the HDD may be should be formatted in something else than Fat32. Hope for comments on this also. (I also have an Icy box which can use both esata and usb3/usb2).

xlarge

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you, Eragon.

Will I be asked to "mount" the usb2 HDD when I connect it to the Vu+duo or will it be seen at once when I look into the recorded files on Vu+duo?

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Or you could also buy an ethernet connected disk (NAS), or connect the USB disk to your local router if it has support for external USB storage.

xlarge

Vu+ Newbie
Or you could also buy an ethernet connected disk (NAS), or connect the USB disk to your local router if it has support for external USB storage.
Thank you.
I must try this at home (vu+duo2) where I just bought an Asus router rt-ac68u which is dedicated use usb3 to a mediaserver. In the other end (with my vu+duo) I can't use this option and must depend on mounting the usb2 HDD or use the local network to my laptop - and hopefully will it function with connection of the HDD with usb2 to the laptop. If not I can copy the files to the laptop first.