Kodi fails to launch in OpenBlack Hole 1.0 (Vu+ Solo² )

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
I have Vu+ Solo² and installed openbh 1.0.001 (2017-03-31) in flash and running the same image in USB using OpenMultiboot.

I have enabled Kodi in 'Open Black Hole Speed Up' and rebooted the receiver.

I am unable to launch Kodi through the Green Panel. It just tries to launch but simply returns to the Green Panel.

What am I doing wrong please?

nunigaia

I have Vu+ Solo² and installed openbh 1.0.001 (2017-03-31) in flash and running the same image in USB using OpenMultiboot.

I have enabled Kodi in 'Open Black Hole Speed Up' and rebooted the receiver.

I am unable to launch Kodi through the Green Panel. It just tries to launch but simply returns to the Green Panel.

What am I doing wrong please?

Have you your HDD mapped for handling KODI?

best regards
nunigaia

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

My hdd is mapped to /media/hdd in 'Devices Mountpoints Setup'. It's working fine for recordings.

Which setting do I change to map hdd for Kodi handling?

nunigaia

Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

My hdd is mapped to /media/hdd in 'Devices Mountpoints Setup'. It's working fine for recordings.

Which setting do I change to map hdd for Kodi handling?

The settings are correct ... the location of kodi is:

Code:
/media/hdd/.kodi

Although ... you can delete the hidden folder "<.kodi> in order to try to fix it ... by using a FTP tool, like WSCP, DCC, Filezilla, etc.
After delete this folder, restart your STB, and after that launch kodi from plugin´s browser.

Note: If you haven´t, you must enable your FTP tool to "show hidden files".

Another note: Don´t MIX kodi versions!

best regards
nunigaia

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
Problem resolved!

I first tried all the things suggested without success.

I thought it may be that the image was corrupted in some way so I did a clean install after formatting the USB. I then activated Kodi prior to installing any addons and Kodi launched fine.

I started installing all the other stuff one by one and noticed Kodi failed to launch at a particular point.

I isolated the problem to a file located /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 . Somewhere in the forums somebody posted a modified version of this file which was the 'ECM Times Fix' which corrected the wrong value in the Second Infobar. This modded file prevented Kodi from launching.

If anybody wants me to post the modded file I am happy to do so in the hope it can be changed to make it compatible with Kodi Launcher.

Thanks anyway for everybody's help.

Kind Regards
Azam

Supermario

Vu+ User
Hi m8 Azam

Thanks for your post above. I too have the same problem.
I installed OBH 1.0 on my Solo2 in flash as well as multiboot but facing the same problem as mentioned above.
I would appreciate your posting the modded file but with the permission from the Admin/Mod.
That would help other users of OBH 1.0 with kodi launcher.

B/Rgds

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
Admin/Mod - Do you give permission for me to post the modded version of /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 ?

Let me make it clear. The modded version works for the 'ECM Times Fix' in second infobar problem but Kodi Launcher fails.
Kodi Launcher works OK if you leave /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 as it is after a clean install of the image.

nunigaia

Admin/Mod - Do you give permission for me to post the modded version of /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 ?

Let me make it clear. The modded version works for the 'ECM Times Fix' in second infobar problem but Kodi Launcher fails.
Kodi Launcher works OK if you leave /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 as it is after a clean install of the image.

1. * What is "ECM Times fix" ? ...

Have you tested?

Upload all the files here, but make a detailed description regarding ( 1. * )!

After description, packages or not ... don´t forget to say where the files goes and it permissions. ( in order to test ).

Note: I can't test but i will let know someone of the "TEAM TESTERS", to see it.

Thanks in advance.

best regards
nunigaia

Azam

Vu+ Newbie
'ECM Times fix' I refer to is the ECM time as reported in the second infobar of the skin. When you do a clean install the ECM value is always 0.000. If you replace with the attached file then the ECM time displays correctly. Unfortunately, after you install the fix then Kodi Launcher fails.

How to Install:

1. Download the attached file (libgcc_s.so.1)
2. Unzip and FTP to /lib and CHMOD 755.
3. Overwrite the existing libgcc_s.so.1 file.

If I am going against the rules of this Board then please delete the file.

Attachments

• libgcc_s.so.rar
    50.1 KB · Views: 13

nunigaia

'ECM Times fix' I refer to is the ECM time as reported in the second infobar of the skin. When you do a clean install the ECM value is always 0.000. If you replace with the attached file then the ECM time displays correctly. Unfortunately, after you install the fix then Kodi Launcher fails.

How to Install:

1. Download the attached file (libgcc_s.so.1)
2. Unzip and FTP to /lib and CHMOD 755.
3. Overwrite the existing libgcc_s.so.1 file.

If I am going against the rules of this Board then please delete the file.

Humm, so you haven´t got a fix with this "lib file" ... you got a malfunction kodi that doesn´t start!

best regards
nunigaia