Kodi freezes box

jrbmw

Vu+ User
After the latest updates when running the updated kodi as soon as it tries to play a film the box freezes.
Tried loading a fresh image with the same result, also moving dish tuner message still on screen when streaming

nunigaia

Hi, I have same problem with solo2 after recent update when I try to play video with Kodi 16.1 "Jarvis"

Thanks

Severall confusion:

• Your post is :offtopic::
  1. OpenBH 04 images and Duo2 section
  2. Kodi Jarvis 16.1R2 is not implemented in OpenBH 04 ( so not yet supported in this image ).
best regards
nunigaia

lbm6997

Vu+ Newbie
Severall confusion:

• Your post is :offtopic::
  1. OpenBH 04 images and Duo2 section
  2. Kodi Jarvis 16.1R2 is not implemented in OpenBH 04 ( so not yet supported in this image ).
best regards
nunigaia

I'm sorry for the off-topic nunigaia, but I've installed openBH 0.4 image. Yesterday I updated the box across the online update, green button > yellow button. Then automatically the update, including Kodi 16.1, has been downloaded and installed over the Kodi Isengard version.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Yes can confirm Kodi updated to 16.1 in duo2 0.4 obh image as well.....but doesent play films,just black screen and freezes box

nunigaia

Yes can confirm Kodi updated to 16.1 in duo2 0.4 obh image as well.....but doesent play films,just black screen and freezes box

I've confirmed too, but when you upgrade image by command line ( via telnet ). If you make an online update it remains kodi 15.2 ... so somethings is breaking the code. Thanks for the reply, i will report the issue.

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

The update to Kodi 16.1 was done by an online update and not by a telnet command

Install the attached file by telnet, reboot your STB, and reply if it solves your issue.

Howto:

Upload this file to your STB, by using an FTP tool to:

/tmp/ folder:

by telnet run this commands ( one by one ):

Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall /tmp/*.ipk

reboot

Go to plugins browser and push Kodi to start ( try it ).

This is important for us, so please, don´t forget to reply.

thanks in advance
nunigaia

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi_1.0-20160331_r0_r0_mips32el.ipk
    9.7 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Uploaded file to box using ipk addon installer tested working ok with kodi 16.1. Now plays films
Thanks Black hole team

Hbatista

Vu+ Newbie
Hello friend, yes I am Referring to kodi 16.1R2 subtitles, and using OpenBH 04.
With subssupport? What comes with the image and worked in kodi 15.2
Best regards

nunigaia

Hello friend, yes I am Referring to kodi 16.1R2 subtitles, and using OpenBH 04.
With subssupport? What comes with the image and worked in kodi 15.2
Best regards

Later i will try MediaPlayer2 with SubsSupport as usuall and let you know the results, this is an alternative solution, but i´ve not yet time for trying this way.

best regards
nunigaia

seagate1

Vu+ Newbie
what about black hole version 3e that as jarvis 16.1. am i reading right that kodi does not work in the solo 4k
flash obh 0.4
b/hole 3d
b/hole 3e, there in open multiboot cannot down grade that file is for mips boxes ane the 4k is arm, ive been going through the post to see how it works, ive got a build.

gmx

Vu+ Newbie
Install the attached file by telnet, reboot your STB, and reply if it solves your issue.

Howto:

Upload this file to your STB, by using an FTP tool to:

/tmp/ folder:

by telnet run this commands ( one by one ):

Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall /tmp/*.ipk

reboot

Go to plugins browser and push Kodi to start ( try it ).

This is important for us, so please, don´t forget to reply.

thanks in advance
nunigaia
hi guys done this and it works but now kodi only runs in top left and corner at a reduced size! if there a fix?

rebooted the box and all back to normal ;-P

Last edited: