Kodi on OpenBH4.4 - choppy video/sound

penclen

Vu+ Newbie
Today I installed Open BH4.4 from scratch (after online updates it shows 4.4.003 Release), no previous settings restored, existing .kodi folder removed(later)

Wanted to report issues in OpenBH4.4 I run on my Uno4K SE I found so far particularly on Kodi I was waiting for more than a year on OpenBH4.2 since OpenBH4.3 used Kodi with no hw acceleration as I read here in another thread.

Today after installing fresh OBH4.4 I rushed to run Kodi. Sadly, I was very dissappointed finding out when playing a movie (mkv/1080p) was extremely choppy and like slowed down, really unusable.
Additionally when I wanted to exit Kodi the whole box got stuck, each time I ran Kodi. That is why I decided to remove existing .kodi folder on my hdd to start from scratch also in Kodi18.9. I think on old OBH4.2 was Kodi version 17 and that worked generally very well (including some 4K videos).
So after the setting up again Kodi from default settings I rushed to play a video from addon I use and after couple seconds it started to play but again choppy, not as bad as described above but no smooth running and one video sounded like on 1.25x speed. At least exiting Kodi now is OK so I give it some time and see when new fixes come. Hopefully soon as it is showing in menu last updates from 11/11 (!?).

Mick12334

In the meantime why not activate the download options, in the KODI addons, then you can download, the stream, instead of playing it live, then play it as a recording.

penclen

Vu+ Newbie
This would be an option indeed but not very inconvenient when the box is blocked by the time you completely download the movie.
If that could be somehow on the background then yes but why this cannot be optimized as it was in the OBH4.2 at least?