Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LCD4Linux night reduction

Discussion in 'Vu+ Plugins' started by NinjaFromNZ, Aug 11, 2019.

1. NinjaFromNZ

NinjaFromNZ Vu+ Newbie

I’m trying to dim the LCD display at night when in idle state, but not turn it off completely

The “Night Reduction” setting might be what I need but I have a couple of questions

1. When does “night” start and end?
    2. You can set the Night Reduction setting value to be between 0-10. I assume 0 means no reduction. What do values 1-10 mean?

I know I can turn the display off completely using the display on and display off settings, but I just want to dim the LCD at my chosen time then return it to full brightness at another selected time

2. joergm6

joergm6 Vip

The value of the night reduction reduces the current brightness by this value. Brightness=10, night reduction=6, result is a brightness of 4. (Brightness=10, night reduction=10 -> =0 / OFF)
    The night reduction times are determined from the sunrise / sunset. To do this, configure the weather and position a weather element on any screen (it can also be an unused one, e.g. 9). Without weather the values are fixed, 18:00 - 07:00.
    Only for display OFF own times can be set.

NinjaFromNZ and Matrix10 like this.