Looking for a 7days weather plugin, Help please!

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
I am looking for a 7 day weather plugin which likes the LCD4linux's or MSN wetter (it is German, I only know English). Any one , would you please recomand one ?

It is wished:

1. Having 7 days forcast.
2. Disply on the screen (not on the small lcd)
3. Easily change city
4. It would be realy nice if it can show 2 or 3 cities by a button selection .
5. It can be switch on/off easily.

Thanks in advance

a911

The BH Lover
I am looking for a 7 day weather plugin which likes the LCD4linux's or MSN wetter (it is German, I only know English). Any one , would you please recomand one ?

It is wished:

1. Having 7 days forcast.
2. Disply on the screen (not on the small lcd)
3. Easily change city
4. It would be realy nice if it can show 2 or 3 cities by a button selection .
5. It can be switch on/off easily.

Thanks in advance
Try this old E2 plug-in , I do not know if it is OE 1.6 or 2.0, it may work for you ,personally have not tested.
Thanks to juli13 (SU)

weatherplugin.jpg

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-weatherplugin_2.6cvs20091109-r0_mipsel.rar
    13.3 KB · Views: 82

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thank @a911 . I have tried the plugin, it works in OE2 with BH2.0.7. However, the plugin shows only Black & White images, but it provides correct information.

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thank @niglou for your information. I have tried the Foreca plugin from BH plugin server. I did not find my city, it is a very long city list but difficult to find the one needed. I will certainly try to edit the config file. If it works, that would be a very nice solution.

niglou

BH Lover
To add your town in the list of the plugin :

First go to foreca web site : foreca.com
Search for your town (or nearest) in small search window, note the name of the town when you will get the weather forecast (name-of-contry/name-of-the town)

Then with your favourite FTP software, connect to the vuplus and edit the file "City.cfg"
/etc/enigma2/Foreca/City.cfg
then add country/town in the list, save and restart the plugin foreca.....game is done ;)

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
To add your town in the list of the plugin :

First go to foreca web site : foreca.com
Search for your town (or nearest) in small search window, note the name of the town when you will get the weather forecast (name-of-contry/name-of-the town)

Then with your favourite FTP software, connect to the vuplus and edit the file "City.cfg"
/etc/enigma2/Foreca/City.cfg
then add country/town in the list, save and restart the plugin foreca.....game is done ;)
Thanks @niglou. I have edited the city config. It works. I am playing the background and weekly forcast now, I have not found the solution yet. I will let you know the progress. Thanks again!

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks @niglou and a911 , This plugin is good for the daily information and very flexible to change Citys, but the 7 days forecast is not as good as the day forecast and also I still fail to find how to set the transparence of the background. The TV programm can esily pass through the weather infor window and disturbs reading the weather infomation. Any suggestion please!

mysat-bs

Vu+ User
Thanks @niglou, I have done it, many of plugins ( I installed) seems fine if I set the OSD to maximum, but the weather plugin does not .Maybe, there are some compatibility issues. It is not important, it is fine for normal using. I also tried a few weather plugins, either has only day forecast or 7days without both (BH default weather is very good but only having day forecast withou 7 days). The others have different issues, such too small window, 7days forecast is difficult to read, or use a language I don't know. The realy wish is expecting the BH defualt weather having a 7days forecast. It should be very easy for the code creator to expand the plugin's function.