Mountpoint names

abra

Vu+ Newbie
Is is possible to choose any names for a mountpoint name, or just those from the picklist in the "Device Mountpoints Setup" menu ? I have an external hardisk connected on the usb on the front side of Duo2, and as the USB stick used for OpenMultiboot was mounted as "/media/usb", I had to choose from the picklist something like "media/sdc1". Is there any possibility to change the mountpoint name manually ? For instance I would like to mount the external harddisk as "media/usb1". Where are the mountpoint names stored in OpenBH ?

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
A mount point is a directory to access your data, mounted to it. If you create directory /media/MyStuff and mount to it any of your USB's, its info will appear in /media/MyStuff. All your automounts are in /enc/fstab, currently mounted file systems are in /etc/mtab

abra

Vu+ Newbie
Do the images on OpenMultiboot get the mount point definitions from the Open BH in flash ?
I had the external USB harddisk mounted as "media/usb1" in the VTI image, as it was installed in flash. I backup-ed the VTI image and put it on the USB stick in OpenMultiboot. But in OpenMultiboot the VTI image misses now the "old" media/usb1 mount point, as originally defined in the VTI image. The external USB harddisk has now also in the VTI image in OpenMultiboot the mount point "media/sdc1", as defined in the OpenBH image in flash.

abra

Vu+ Newbie
@Vytenis : Does that mean that I have to create a directory "/media/usb1" first, to be able to mont the external USB harddisk to it, with the help of DeviceManager ? How can the directory be created in OpenBH (I have it in VTI) ?

Vytenis P.

Vu+ User
abra, you must to create /media/usb1, if such not exist, but you need it. You can create it from terminal/Puttt by Linux command
Code:
mkdir -m u=rwx,g=rx,o=rx usb1
if you are in /media, or from ftp client (I use Total Commander). Making from client, remember about 755 permission for this dir.