my box does not turn on anymore

vusoloman

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

Newbie here.

My vu+ solo box was perfectly fine until I tried to insert a usb harddrive to install the epg onto. I formated the usb and it said on the screen that the box must be restarted. It switched off, the light turned red but now it does not switch on anymore, the light on the box stays red.

Somebody please help me.

Mito

Administrator
Maybe your usb hdd needs an external supply.
Try to disconnect the usb hdd and to disconnect the power supply for a couple of minutes.
Then, try to turn on the Solo.

vusoloman

Vu+ Newbie
I have already tried taking theusb out the front and the power supply but the light remains red. The problem occured afterI formatted the usb. I then had to restart the box but now it doesnt come back on. Any ideas?

a911

The BH Lover
I have already tried taking theusb out the front and the power supply but the light remains red. The problem occured afterI formatted the usb. I then had to restart the box but now it doesnt come back on. Any ideas?

This has been a common issue with vuplus solo!
See if you shut it off for few hours , what would happen!

And it is advised to contact the seller, where you have bought the STB from, it may need flash maintenance!

GoodLuck

Mito

Administrator
You can try to reinstall the image.

vusoloman

Vu+ Newbie
I'm gonna sound stupid now. I fixed the problem. I pressed the reset button on the back of the box for a few seconds and the box switched on! I was reluctant at first because I thought that it might reset the whole box completely. All is good now!

Seeing as I have a thread open, can somebody please tell me how I can successfully download the EPG onto USB? I tried everything, my box reads the USB and when I download the EPG, it merges it on to the USB. I know it is the USB because the USB flashes. But I just cannot see the channels listings. I prevoiously used to download the EPG onto the box but this stopped working and I was told it was because there was not much space. USB is 4gb now, which is plenty.

Thanks

a911

The BH Lover
I'm gonna sound stupid now. I fixed the problem. I pressed the reset button on the back of the box for a few seconds and the box switched on! I was reluctant at first because I thought that it might reset the whole box completely. All is good now!

Seeing as I have a thread open, can somebody please tell me how I can successfully download the EPG onto USB? I tried everything, my box reads the USB and when I download the EPG, it merges it on to the USB. I know it is the USB because the USB flashes. But I just cannot see the channels listings. I prevoiously used to download the EPG onto the box but this stopped working and I was told it was because there was not much space. USB is 4gb now, which is plenty.

Thanks

Glad to hear that your STB is fixed,,,,:victory:!

For EPG saving:-
1st...Using CrossEPG: Menu>setup>CrossEPG>Configure>>>Storage Device...................(make a choice)!
then >>(red)Back,,,,exit!
2nd...Using BH Hole Blue Panel: Blue>Red>Red (global settings)>Path to save EpgFile,,,,,,,,,,,from STB RC <or> chose >>>(media/usb/epg.dat)

Have Fun w/BH,,;)!

vusoloman

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks

I have it set to download at 9.30pm every night. However, when I am watching TV at 9.30pm the channel switches to some other channel and the message 'SID not found in PAT' appears. The little downloading clock appears in the corner and this last for around 15 seconds. Can I change this?