Need urgent help!

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
I'm a total newbie with a vu+ solo 2 and trying to be smart I downloaded a plugin called 'Open Airplay' or something like that. Anyway, as I got prompted to reboot it went to a green screen and constantly boot looping.

What do I do? I can't flash it, can anyone please help me? Sorry mods if I'm in the wrong section. ..I'm new here.

Here is the image. ..hope you can see it.

uploadfromtaptalk1411378279769.jpg

levi

You need to delete open airplay from extension in your box via FTP program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick12334

Re-flash your receiver, with whichever image you're using.
Ensure that your USB stick is formatted in FAT 32, load just the vuplus solo2 image, on your USB stick, turn off the receiver, using the rear power switch, insert the USB stick, into the front USB port, switch on your receiver, and press the power button.

There shouldn't be a reason, why you cant re-flash your receiver, as it does this prior to booting up, if it still doesn't work try a different USB stick.
Please post back witht eh results.

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick, I will try what you wrote but did try that last night but the receiver wasn't reading usb ( maybe I didn't press the power button at the right moment?). I have been using BH but not even sure if its latest one.

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
Ah perhaps I only deleted the file rather than the folder. Thanks Levi I'll have a thorough check later. Are there any specific USB's you guys recommend. Everything I throw at mine never seems to read.

levi

Try 2 gb USB and make sure you don't have any backup file on hdd

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
So have I to disconnect my hdd before flash? Also the 2gb usb...any particular manufacturer? Sorry for the million questions, really want to get this right as my only other option is some geezer quoting me 45 pounds to sort.

levi

So have I to disconnect my hdd before flash? Also the 2gb usb...any particular manufacturer? Sorry for the million questions, really want to get this right as my only other option is some geezer quoting me 45 pounds to sort.
No you don't need to disconnect your hdd just make sure you don't have any full backup files like (vuplus) and any old 2gb USB stick will do make that USB stick formatted don't forget to push power button on solo2 write time
I use sandisk no problem

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
No you don't need to disconnect your hdd just make sure you don't have any full backup files like (vuplus) and any old 2gb USB stick will do make that USB stick formatted don't forget to push power button on solo2 write time
I use sandisk no problem

When's the correct time to press the power button? I don't recall ever being prompted last night.

levi

When's the correct time to press the power button? I don't recall ever being prompted last night.
If it doesn't prompt than either not correct file in usb,not formatted usb or you usb not compatible with solo2
Unzip solo2 image
Format a USB FAT32
Copy the folder (vuplus) to the root of the USB
Connect USB when solo2 off
Turn on VU + Solo2
Press power button when ask you to start flashing progress

levi

first can you try this path to delete open airplayer (make sure delete all the open airplayer folder)
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
If it doesn't prompt than either not correct file in usb,not formatted usb or you usb not compatible with solo2
Unzip solo2 image
Format a USB FAT32
Copy the folder (vuplus) to the root of the USB
Connect USB when solo2 off
Turn on VU + Solo2
Press power button when ask you to start flashing progress
You are a star fella. ..Thanks.
I think I might not have the right BH image you know. Would it be possible to link me to the latest one if its allowed in this forum?

truthist

Vu+ Newbie
first can you try this path to delete open airplayer (make sure delete all the open airplayer folder)
/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
So I tried this option and it worked a treat, thank you very much.
So because it was a corrupt plugin how would a layman like me know what plugins are corrupt or not?

Thanks once again Levi

Mick12334

No one does until you try them, the plugin might not be corrupt just incompatible, with other software, or it might not have installed correctly.