Newbie basic setup help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baikonur

Vu+ Newbie
Hi folks,

This thread is a bit lazy on my part, so apologies, but hopefully the solution is simple so I won't feel too guilty :oops:

I've got an Ultimo that's practically still in its box, and a Polish n+ HD card with the box id it was originally paired with (some cheap Opticum). I think it's conax CAS7?

Can someone give me basic steps (or pointers) for getting it to work? I'm happy to go with whatever images/plugins etc you guys recommend, the unit is to all intents and purposes, factory default at the moment.

As an aside - how long is this sort of thing (not specifically n+) likely to work before providers start switching people to CI+ and various hardware pairing?
Thanks in advance

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi folks,

This thread is a bit lazy on my part, so apologies, but hopefully the solution is simple so I won't feel too guilty :oops:

I've got an Ultimo that's practically still in its box, and a Polish n+ HD card with the box id it was originally paired with (some cheap Opticum). I think it's conax CAS7?

Can someone give me basic steps (or pointers) for getting it to work? I'm happy to go with whatever images/plugins etc you guys recommend, the unit is to all intents and purposes, factory default at the moment.

As an aside - how long is this sort of thing (not specifically n+) likely to work before providers start switching people to CI+ and various hardware pairing?
Thanks in advance

Read Forum Rules, please! Here is the link http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

Baikonur

Vu+ Newbie
I think I've violated a few there, but you're probably most concerned about the Sky / unlawful use of receivers bit? Well with n+ using a card in another receiver is not prohibited like with Sky. In fact this a pay as you go card which has no contract that you sign. In Poland if you didn't sign anything and you didn't violate anything in statute then you're clean as a whistle. As a matter of course, I've also read n+ general terms and conditions, and what I'm trying to do is not in breach of those either. I don't know if that assurance is enough for you, if not, I understand. As I said in the opening post, this was a lazy question and I appreciate I need to do a bit of homework anyway. I was just hoping someone could point me to some links that could get me watching something tonight rather than next week. Ah well...

Shiro

BH-C
I think I've violated a few there, but you're probably most concerned about the Sky / unlawful use of receivers bit? Well with n+ using a card in another receiver is not prohibited like with Sky. In fact this a pay as you go card which has no contract that you sign. In Poland if you didn't sign anything and you didn't violate anything in statute then you're clean as a whistle. As a matter of course, I've also read n+ general terms and conditions, and what I'm trying to do is not in breach of those either. I don't know if that assurance is enough for you, if not, I understand. As I said in the opening post, this was a lazy question and I appreciate I need to do a bit of homework anyway. I was just hoping someone could point me to some links that could get me watching something tonight rather than next week. Ah well...

You broke our board rules.
Right or wrong, our rules are not in dispute.
One week ban.
Next time ban will be permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.