no description in addon plugin downloads

justbekind

Vu+ Newbie
to whom it may concern
i appreciate all the efforts put in the development of the all good things from BH team
i want to ask a favor that i think is useful for everyone who uses plugins from BH addon server
there is a short description about the use of the plugins in FEEDS downloads list but there is not any for the plugins in PLUGINS downloads list
i want to ask those who put them in the server add some description about what the plugin does or what is it for
i know it is not an easy job to do and takes some efforts but i think it worths what it takes
i have a few suggestions too
1- from now on ask plugin developers to add enough description about plugins before adding them to addon server
2- use site members to help adding some description to the existing addon server plugins
me myself am volunteer to help if it is possible

thanks a lot

justbekind

Vu+ Newbie
ok then let's get started
the first plugin ADVANCEMOVIESELECTION i installed version 3.0.3 but i can't find it anywhere maybe it has errors
any way i don't know what it does to suggest a description for it , if you know then please submit a suitable one.

justbekind

Vu+ Newbie
the first plugin ADVANCEMOVIESELECTION i installed version 3.0.3 but i can't find it anywhere maybe it has errors
any way i don't know what it does to suggest a description for it , if you know then please submit a suitable one.

I don't want to add another plugin before solving the issue for this one
sorry if this is not in the right place please move it

fumbduck

Vu+ User

Found this description on another forum (I guess it's a bit like an IMDB plugin) >
Functions:

* Folder structure can be sent off in the menu (so you can navigate through the movie list to different folders).
* Film status (symbol and color), and progress can be activated via the menu.
* Own LCD / OLED screen (with info about the selected movie)
* Color keys can be assigned using the menu functions, or bookmarks.
* Color key name can be changed by menu.
* Different views of one line, two lines (with and without cover) can be set via menu (default e2).
* Cover with film information seeking can be downloaded and stored on TMDb
* The cover and the description can either be saved once loaded / only for one movie or all movies in the list.
* The cover and description of the film can be deleted individually and as a package.
* The movie description is saved as *. ince and the supported file formats for all (standard e2).
* Existing *. eit files are not looking at a TMDb updated or overwritten. If new information is loaded, the file will ince the film removed.
* Is the resolution of the covers downloaded, can be adjusted.
* Movies can be renamed (no extra plugin required)
* Movies can be moved and copied (no extra plugin required)
* It may be in the film list are searched by title (no extra plugin required)
* The position of the movie info bar can be set via menu.
* It may be determined by which button to start the movie list is (are 5 pieces to choose from)
* The settings can be many options / features are turned on or because of the clarity
* There is a special film to be called the Info screen button in the movie list and during playback of the movie about info can.
* With many info can be installed if the MerlinEPG or Cooltv guide are called during the movie playback (no extra plugin required)
* Up to *. flv to all of the box supported film formats can be played (Incl. DVD *. iso)
* It can also be produced at no *. ts files one file *. cuts, thus continuing the playback is possible even when no *. ts files
* E2 standard operation (including bookmarks)
* HD, XD and SD skin ready
* Locale untertstützung (translations are welcome)
* And all the functions that come with every update to halt

justbekind

Vu+ Newbie
Found this description on another forum (I guess it's a bit like an IMDB plugin) >
Functions:

* Folder structure can be sent off in the menu (so you can navigate through the movie list to different folders).
* Film status (symbol and color), and progress can be activated via the menu.
* Own LCD / OLED screen (with info about the selected movie)
* Color **** can be assigned using the menu functions, or bookmarks.
* Color key name can be changed by menu.
* Different views of one line, two lines (with and without cover) can be set via menu (default e2).
* Cover with film information seeking can be downloaded and stored on TMDb
* The cover and the description can either be saved once loaded / only for one movie or all movies in the list.
* The cover and description of the film can be deleted individually and as a package.
* The movie description is saved as *. ince and the supported file formats for all (standard e2).
* Existing *. eit files are not looking at a TMDb updated or overwritten. If new information is loaded, the file will ince the film removed.
* Is the resolution of the covers downloaded, can be adjusted.
* Movies can be renamed (no extra plugin required)
* Movies can be moved and copied (no extra plugin required)
* It may be in the film list are searched by title (no extra plugin required)
* The position of the movie info bar can be set via menu.
* It may be determined by which button to start the movie list is (are 5 pieces to choose from)
* The settings can be many options / features are turned on or because of the clarity
* There is a special film to be called the Info screen button in the movie list and during playback of the movie about info can.
* With many info can be installed if the MerlinEPG or Cooltv guide are called during the movie playback (no extra plugin required)
* Up to *. flv to all of the box supported film formats can be played (Incl. DVD *. iso)
* It can also be produced at no *. ts files one file *. cuts, thus continuing the playback is possible even when no *. ts files
* E2 standard operation (including bookmarks)
* HD, XD and SD skin ready
* Locale untertstützung (translations are welcome)
* And all the functions that come with every update to halt

thanks fumbduck but it looks more like a user manual than being a short description to be put on add on server in order to be used easily by users.

as i get it is a plugin to give online information about movies but i don't get how.
would you please summarize all this to show the main functions briefly.

fumbduck

Vu+ User
I guess it's a matter of badly do you want to know
if you want to know something bad enough you research about it and find out soon enough what it's all about
and most of all, download it and try it out
a picture speaks a thousand words
I agree there are lots of plugins that have no description what so ever and it would be nice if they had something
but with your example of ADVANCEMOVIESELECTION , the title doesn't leave much to the imagination as to what it might do
same as with IMDB, everyone knows it's acronym for International Movie Data Base so again pretty much easy to guess

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@justbekind: I don't know what and where you exactly want to place. Take a snapshot of screen with missing informations. Is this what you don't understand? (see attached) Or where you need to have informations?screenshot.jpg

fumbduck

Vu+ User
paolino, I think he means on the server
so you can read a description of what each plugin does BEFORE you download it

paolino

Vu+ User+++
paolino, I think he means on the server
so you can read a description of what each plugin does BEFORE you download it

Plugins are not developed by BH, only adapted for BH. So it depends on plugin author to publish description or not. Most of them have a short description.
Anyway, all of those who wrote here wrote because have an internet connection. I don't think that is too difficult to search on web for description. Only if you are lazy :p.

bogdanm

Plugins on server have only smoll description to see whot doing when will be instaled.
I think full info qirh example is no possibel add to this i think full info is good write only on forum like was write in this topic by fumbduck

justbekind

Vu+ Newbie
thanks for all your considerations guys but:
@paolino
1-It seems you did not read the first post and the suggestion made by >>Artorius<< in second post so please read them.
2- Now every body who wants to install a couple of plugins without any descriptions for a special job is forced to search the Net and it is not very simple and sometime it is very time consuming and sometimes you get nothing .
@fumbduck
I know if u want something badly you will go after it no matter what it takes. but i think it is not user friendly to present something without clear and concise description about it.

@ bogdanm
i didn't mean having full userguide in ADD ON SERVER just a short description as >>Artorius<< suggested on second post.

any way i just wanted to help complete description of those plugins who didn't have one on ADD ON SERVER and as i see Tamaki said they are being prepared .

paolino

Vu+ User+++
@paolino
1-It seems you did not read the first post and the suggestion made by >>Artorius<< in second post so please read them.
2- Now every body who wants to install a couple of plugins without any descriptions for a special job is forced to search the Net and it is not very simple and sometime it is very time consuming and sometimes you get nothing .

We didn't understand each other, I read first and other posts.
What does it mean to help? I think to collect informations about missing comments in plugins, search web for description and post, for example, in *.txt file how they should be.
bodanm gave to you an full description, it was up to you to help us and extract an informations usefull for others and publish them on server.

This is what you wrote in first post:
2- use site members to help adding some description to the existing addon server plugins
me myself am volunteer to help if it is possible

Sorry, we really didn't understand each other. I apologize to you for misunderstanding.

bogdanm

@ bogdanm
i didn't mean having full userguide in ADD ON SERVER just a short description as >>Artorius<< suggested on second post.
any way i just wanted to help complete description of those plugins who didn't have one on ADD ON SERVER and as i see Tamaki said they are being prepared .
If you find plugin who no have description please write in this topic his name.
Im try add in free time description.