OBH last version box freeze

slowpasseur

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for the answer Gold_66. However I think that this adresses just the cosmetic part of the problem: the STB will randomly continue to be busy and therefore not answering to any command. Should be interesting to know why it is so busy i.e. what is it doing and why.
By the way this morning I updated the OBH image to 4.1.004, we'll see if the snag has been adressed....

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
Hello I've got the blue and white spinner and a frozen tv. And now it reboots itself in the middle of a programme. My wife is encouraging me to change this receiver as it always seems to be giving problems.
Is Blackhole more stable than Open Blackhole?
Any suggestions please

bogdanm

Hello I've got the blue and white spinner and a frozen tv. And now it reboots itself in the middle of a programme. My wife is encouraging me to change this receiver as it always seems to be giving problems.
Is Blackhole more stable than Open Blackhole?
Any suggestions please
OBh is stable too.
I think your problem mast be in setup or you have hardware problem.
Whot box yiu have ?

Whot temperature you have on box and he is no closed ?
He reboot when you doing something ?
Box create crashlog ?

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
I have a VU Duo which is less than a year old using OBH.

It is on a ventilated stand and is not overheating

It reboots on its own. We are just trying to watch tv not changing anything.

I don't know about a "crash log" where do I find it.

I'm looking for a simple solution and I'm interested to know if others have the same problem.

Thanks for your support

AlexWilMac

First of all, you haven't provided us with the most important info: what version of OBH are you using? Then:
1) No, obviously is not a general problem, otherwise, as you should imagine, we have had thousand of posts.
2) You MUST submit here the crash log. It is located according to your log settings. You can read it by MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > LOGS > SETTINGS
3) As an hypothesis, the crashes could depend on some plugin, but also a defective HDD could be responsible. The best thing to do is to flash again (after having saved your settings, if you want to recover them). Remember that this means having to re-configure your tuners and everything.

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply
The version I have is openBH release 1.0.039 .
I've also loaded a screen shot of the "About" page.
I've been to the Log and I can see the file on the box but I don't know how to download it. I've the file name Enigma2_crash_2018-05-09_16-16-01.log
How do I download it? I've lloked on dreamboxEDIT but can't see it.

Thanks again for your help

Attachments

• IMG_0510.JPG
    IMG_0510.JPG
    172.8 KB · Views: 24

AlexWilMac

Thanks for your reply
The version I have is openBH release 1.0.039 .

So, you have a very old version. We are now at the 4.1.028. I think it's time to reflash (because it's not possible to update from 1.0 to 4.1). Save your setting, in case, before doing it.
This way, you'll have a fresh installation and a recent and supported image.

I've also loaded a screen shot of the "About" page.
I've been to the Log and I can see the file on the box but I don't know how to download it. I've the file name Enigma2_crash_2018-05-09_16-16-01.log
How do I download it? I've lloked on dreamboxEDIT but can't see it.

Go to the folder set in the path I wrote in the previous post. Hopefully, that path is the same in the old OBH version you have. But, in my opinion it's not worth to work out the reasons of your crashes in such an old image. I repeat: it's time to reflash with the brand new and much more advanced OBH 4.1.

Thanks again for your help

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry to ask a stupîd question, perhaps another!! but where can I download the update, so far I can't find it

AlexWilMac

You (almost) never have the last version in the installation file because they are posted only after major changes. Use the one you found and then, of course, it'll be updated online.

j-fm

Vu+ Newbie
Ok thanks I now have the latest version. The update looks very good.

Hopefully this will fix the problems

Thanks all for your support.

AlexWilMac

Obviously, in order to isolate the problem, don't install any plugins for now, to understand if they were software or hardware problems. And, anyway, don't overload your system with useless plugins because each piece of software you install can lead to unexpected issues.
After some days using a clean image, in case, install plugins one by one, giving them time to work.