Open webif plugin

Mohammedabdu

Vu+ Newbie
I have vu ultimo with open webif plugin & I can watch my vu ultimo on my computer using this plugin but I know need to be on the same network for both the computer & vu ultimo but I found that we can watch our vu ultimo using different network for both the coputer & vu ultimo anywhere I want to know how can I do it & thanks.

Romino

Vu+ Newbie
Im not an expert, but you did not give enuff information for a person to try solve your problem.
  • What do you call diffrent network?
I can only guess you are talking about diffrent LAN (192.168.0.1 <-> 192.168.1.1) ... Or use from Internet (LAN <-> WAN)?
The solution can be a proxy like Privoxy, and configure your router with portforwarding, but everything depends on your setup.

From what network, to what network?
What router you have? (depends on if you can run Privoxy inside there or not), and possibly how many routers? :)

As said, too little information from you.

Mohammedabdu

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for your answer I mean how can I watch my ultimo from outside the house using another network Ip & I have my own modem for ethernet

Romino

Vu+ Newbie
If you have a router, then login to router and change services/portforwarding, port 80 and 8001 is needed.
If no router, then you need to check what settings the modem can offer..

But if you use OpenWebif with port 80 (or any other ports) then you can get attacked from someone unwanted person.
So then you need to enable some authentication.

You could look at this small guide that can give you some clue.

EDIT BY ANGELOFSKY1980: NO LIVE LINKS TO OTHER BOARDS PLEASE!

Last edited by a moderator:

Romino

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry AngelOfTheSky1980.
Mohammedabdu, you still not said what you got so i guess a modem, not a router..
Next time you ask, you get more help if you explain your hardware better.
You only said modem, and there are like a million diffrent modems, some of them can be configured portforwarding, and some are just stupid modems.
Here is a link with almost same problem:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...app-for-streaming-bh-over-the-internet.11832/

• Need to forward ports in the router (or modem).
And think about security, one good thing is to change ports on OpenWebIf (from port 80 to something else, like 1234 maybe).
Menu, Apps, OpenWebif, HTTP port: 1234
And maybe HTTP authentication: Yes (same page).

But as i read online, you need good connection for streaming, feel free to try tho.