OpenBH 06 DUO2 update "online" stucks on booting

Ev0

Admin
The issue has been identified, there has been a recent change in the OE-A git, and this has broken the online update for the exisiting OBH builds, and we believe this will be a problem for all current oe-a images.

New full flash files have been posted, please reflash your box with the latest builds.

rob1980

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry to sound a bit dumb here, but could you explain further please?

I updated my box last night, to find it hangs at reboot (duo2)

I reinstalled from my USB (OBH 0.6) didn't do any updates, everything seems fine until I try to restart the box, then it hangs at the OBH logo. this is the original OBH0.6 on the download thread, has it been updated?

Do I need to replace the install files on my USB with new ones and start over?

Do I need to format my HDD? can I restore settings, or do I need to start fresh?

One installed do I need to allow it to do an online update?

Thanks

edit. openbh-0.6-vuduo2-20160627_usb_release_dfa51a6.zip is currently on my USB
Do I need to replace it with : openbh-0.6-vuduo2-20161211_usb_release_a15438e.zip

inpoggio

Vu+ Newbie
The issue has been identified, there has been a recent change in the OE-A git, and this has broken the online update for the exisiting OBH builds, and we believe this will be a problem for all current oe-a images.

New full flash files have been posted, please reflash your box with the latest builds.

Hi everybody, I've installed this one 2 days ago
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...uduo2-20161228_usb_release_ee76bbf-zip.29042/
Tonight it happen that rebooting after installing dreamplex plugin from obh repository, my Vu+ Duo2 stucks on OBH boot logo saying BOOTING.
I've tried to reflash with a new image, then tried to reflash with a backup from 2 days ago. I've tried to reflash cfe v2, tried to upgrade VFD...
There's nothing to do. Still the booting with start logo. My channels and plugins works (not so fluently) but I would like to understand what can I do to have back my perfect running box as usual. Thank you very much.

p.s. OBH 0.6 with MX MQ9W skin is an amazing job you have done. I love you. If you would fix my issue I would adore you as Greek Gods :)

nunigaia

Hi everybody, I've installed this one 2 days ago
http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...uduo2-20161228_usb_release_ee76bbf-zip.29042/
Tonight it happen that rebooting after installing dreamplex plugin from obh repository, my Vu+ Duo2 stucks on OBH boot logo saying BOOTING.
I've tried to reflash with a new image, then tried to reflash with a backup from 2 days ago. I've tried to reflash cfe v2, tried to upgrade VFD...
There's nothing to do. Still the booting with start logo. My channels and plugins works (not so fluently) but I would like to understand what can I do to have back my perfect running box as usual. Thank you very much.

p.s. OBH 0.6 with MX MQ9W skin is an amazing job you have done. I love you. If you would fix my issue I would adore you as Greek Gods :)

When you are proceeding with the flash method, did you have any usb device ( tuner, hdd, usb pen drive ... ) attached to your DUO2, rather then the one needed for reflashing it?

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Not at all. I only have the installed Sata HDD inside the box.

If you can´t flash it ... try reformat your USB device as FAT32 ... and retry, or

Use another brand pen usb device to do it ... usb 2.0 device, and retry.

Previously, before reflashing, you can try this:

Even with stuck on booting, if you can have acess to your Duo2 by FTP and TELNET ...

Telnet your STB and enter the folloewing commands:

Code:
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-dreamplex

reboot

best regards
nunigaia

inpoggio

Vu+ Newbie
I've already done it. Gone to buy a fresh new usb drive. But nothing changes. Dreamplex is not there anymore, because I flashed the image.

inpoggio

Vu+ Newbie
Today I'm not able to reboot, neither system and GUI.
It seems to stuck, but after 5 or 6 minutes it starts.
I've changed some configuration, like I do every day of course :)
But nothing important, except the installation of ExtZapNumber directly from the image repository. It was working, but after 3 hours watching tv (I zap a lot) the system has lost fluency, so, that's why, I've made a reboot, but it didn't work. So, switch off roughly from the rear button.
I've been back to menu/plugin and red button, and uninstalled ExtZapNumber.
As a result, now it doesn't reboot at all.
I know... I will flash the image again, and it will work...
But, my goal is not flashing images, but solving problems.
So, if you have any suggestion...

P.S. I think that ZapHistory could be another plugin causing conflicts somewhere...

inpoggio

Vu+ Newbie
I flashed backup. But now I wouldn't use ExtZapNumber plugin anymore.
Could you please check if there is a compatibility failure with that on 0.6 ?