Openmultiboot

ravedone

Vu+ User
Hello mates, maybe I ask for something known, but I try to use openmultiboot with blackhole image, and is it only possible with open blackhole?? I install an image with .zip format, blackhole says ok, but nothing happens when I reboot. So, only works with open bh???
Thanks.

ravedone

Vu+ User
I mean if openmultiboot works only with open bh or works with bh too...I have bh installed and opemmultiboot install the image in the usb pendrive, I see all image folders installed in openmultiboot folder but I reboot the box with indication to load the usb drive image, and it doesn't load, it load bh flash image...

ravedone

Vu+ User
I've read the guide, and all is done right following the instructions. Usb format ext4 and all the steps done. My usb stick has 2 partitions, 1 for universe and 1 massive media/usb. Maybe the problem is the universe???...have the usb stick to be just one partition??? Without /univers???

ravedone

Vu+ User
No, the box bootdirectly I have activated the option bootimage menu but it dont appears. When I reboot the message 'the box is rebooting' shows the skin of selected image but when the box boots dont show menu boot selection.

ravedone

Vu+ User
I have installed italysat and openplus successfully. I saw the two folders with all image folders installed.
I think multiboot has to be installed with a fresh bh flash, I read, and I don't.
It doesn't matter, I wanted to test, unsuccessfully. Thanks.

Last edited:

nunigaia

scubidoo, Take a look to this thread, you will see how to solve the problem, and you will be able to use openblackhole without problems.

http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/openmultiboot-problem.25417/
Question
When you reboot you see the image selection on boot?

Can you post please:

1) - Vuplus STB Model.

2) - Image installed in flash.

3) - Images that you are trying to implement OpenMultiboot.

Best regards
nunigaia

Thanks in advance

ravedone

Vu+ User
- My box: vu+ zero
- Image in flash: bh 3.0.1f
I installed succesfully italysat7 and openplus 1.1.5. With no errors. I can show the screenshot of the folders tree in the pendrive, you can see my installed images in this photo, I format again my pendrive in ext4.
419ac15cde9e1d67b472c0c0d2a05707.jpgd8b91a19f5bf0842778b17c154799091.jpgb34715ee9c26a139af62ea2a0dd962c9.jpge2025bfd7130a0cb21388912d0907942.jpg

saxog

Vu+ Newbie
As far as I know, Blackhole can not be launched through multiboot, it can only be launched being installed on flash

ravedone

Vu+ User
hi all

i have blackhole on multiboot

bh 3.0.1 f in flash
bh 2.1.7 on multiboot
As far as I know, Blackhole can not be launched through multiboot, it can only be launched being installed on flash

As you can see in my explanation, blackhole 3.0.1.F in my vuzero flash and the others images in multiboot. But scubidoo says that is posible latest bh in the flash and previous bh versions in multiboot...