Request openpli style skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

judgey

Vu+ Newbie
Hey guys love this blackhole just looking for a openpli style skin? Is there one about?

Thanks for all the hard work!!

judgey

Vu+ Newbie
here is an example :)

BrdVBff.jpg

Matrix10

Administrator
Its the default skin for openpli image :)

No, we use our own skins, without unnecessary information for Main OSD.
As the weather forecast e.t.c Which only slows down OSD ZAP.
This is not information that should be all the time on the screen.
Besides the graphics quality is very low
Black tape.
My personal opinion.

I would ask you to put a different shot without emulator name in it ,
not allowed.
Otherwise I have to remove it.

fumbduck

Vu+ User
Why not try HD Glass 16 ?
It looks great (in my opinion) and has a lot of options for the user to change

Matrix10

Administrator
If this is the the question for me.
My answer is.
Not because HD Glass 16 skin affect very badly on the image stability and performance.

We do not support the use these types of skins in our image.
Of course, users can use it without our support.

Shiro

BH-C
I understand it's not supported but it has worked pretty well for me the last few weeks

You think it works fine. We think is like a virus.
Like a virus it entry in your system and subsitute some python files and like a virus slow down the system performance.
Don't ask here for support. We strongly discurage the use of this kind "virus" skins.

Ev0

Admin
I understand it's not supported but it has worked pretty well for me the last few weeks

I used to use HD Glass 16, to be 100% honest I loved it, as you could customise it so much and get it to display pretty much anything you wanted and I thought the box still worked nice and smooth etc etc.

Then I started testing some of the images on the bh addon server, and well lets just say the speed difference is VERY noticable after you stop using HD Glass.

Now I don't bother with HD Glass as it is simply too big, too heavy and as Shiro say's it's becoming like a virus, it won't be long before the skin is the size of the image.

Shiro

BH-C
look that there is a check in bh skin.py code to control that skins are allowed in bh images and authors respect good practice coding.
it is not a check difficoult to hack because it is only a little way to discurage to use on bh bad skins with bad code.
authors who wants to make skins for bh have to ask to be included in allowed list. Bh team will allow only authors that don't alter the system files.
The glass skin at installation time HACKS the bh code and remove the check.
This another demonstration of the bad work it does altering system files.

Matrix10

Administrator
A little explanation that everyone will understand.

It's like this.
We are making a lot of effort
to realize stable and fast image with a good performance.
Then someone comes with skins that damage image performance.

I think it is understandable that we are not happy with it.

fumbduck

Vu+ User
I used to use HD Glass 16, to be 100% honest I loved it, as you could customise it so much and get it to display pretty much anything you wanted and I thought the box still worked nice and smooth etc etc.

Then I started testing some of the images on the bh addon server, and well lets just say the speed difference is VERY noticable after you stop using HD Glass.

Now I don't bother with HD Glass as it is simply too big, too heavy and as Shiro say's it's becoming like a virus, it won't be long before the skin is the size of the image.

I've tried most of the bh addon server skins already and to be honest haven't noticed any difference in performance (yet)
I hope it stays that way cause as you mentioned the way you can customize this skin is awesome
but if it doesn't then I'll weigh up whether to go for the same again with a fresh install or whether to move on to something new
that's the great thing about the Vu receivers really, so easy to reflash
it doesn't take that long really (and it's even easier for the europeans with all the settings and sat settings already catered for unlike us on the other side of the world)
each to their own I guess
@ Shiro, I'm not asking for support, just making a suggestion
I've noticed before that there seems to be a real competitiveness around (or hatred if you like) for some different skin makers
I queried something about Ramimaher skins a while back too and that was frowned upon too
rather than rivalry it would be awesome if these teams could unite and work together
but I guess that's life
thanks for the explanation Shiro about the bh skin.py code checks, I didn't know that
but is your despise for them removing that check overlooking what this skin is really like?
I'm by no means an expert on anything and I respect all your hard work and BlackHole is in my opinion the best firmware available but sometimes I feel the rivalry and dislikes are higher on the scale than true judgment of other skins

Shiro

BH-C
sorry, if you will continue to discuss about this "virus" skin i will have to close the topic.
there is not rivalary but only a coder judjment.
Look for example at Pli board and you will fine same judjment form Pli coders about this skin.

Matrix10

Administrator
I guess we will not discuss about the greatest thief of our skins and graphics Ramimaher for clone etc.

I suggest reading the forum rules.

Matrix10

Administrator
Of course those who support Clone industry trying to make some kind of
discord among teams and authors
We will not allow this.

Topic closed

Status
Not open for further replies.