Permissions?

hayta

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
im running latest blackhole image my external hardrive is mounted as mnt/usb2 when i acess the folder from my win7 pc through the network i cannot not make any changes to the files its asking me for. you need permission unix user/root how do i get around this?

hayta

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for your reply im a newbie with linux type boxes sorry to be a pain i tryed typing what you said on telnet im gettting not found.Do you mean i have to type ipadress and user password before. chmod 777 /mnt/usb2 or do you mean just log into telnet using your ip user and password im confused i tryed both and im getting the samething.

Dzoni

BH Lover
Thanks for your reply im a newbie with linux type boxes sorry to be a pain i tryed typing what you said on telnet im gettting not found.Do you mean i have to type ipadress and user password before. chmod 777 /mnt/usb2 or do you mean just log into telnet using your ip user and password im confused i tryed both and im getting the samething.

First for "thanks" press button "like" ;).

Off course, install winscp and putty and just log via telnet(putty) into the box,put root and Your password (if You seted it). After it type chmod 777 /media/usb2 (after chmod 777 have 1 space!) "mnt" is shourtcut and can not access,so put "media"
Work 1000% :). Give me feedback.

hayta

Vu+ Newbie
i found out what the problem was the external drive was formated to ntfs i formated to fat32 now its letting me do what i need to do but there is one isue a cannot transfer files over 4gb with fat32 so i tryed using the vu format option for it to formar to ext3 but it just hangs i had it on for 45mins i dont know whats wrong with it.this is a 1tb portable harddrive wd should i wait longer ?or is there another solution for this?

hayta

Vu+ Newbie
ok i got it working now thanks i had to do it from ts pannel device manager format that did the trick.Thanks for all your help