phyton files

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm looking to use Transmission along with some kind of auto torrent finder. Kinda hit a dead end with regards to the Vu+. I've seen other programs like TED (Torrent Episode Downloader) that do what I want but they don't exist as plugins for Vu+. Anyone got info?

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm looking to use Transmission along with some kind of auto torrent finder. Kinda hit a dead end with regards to the Vu+. I've seen other programs like TED (Torrent Episode Downloader) that do what I want but they don't exist as plugins for Vu+. Anyone got info?

Yeah I managed to get SickBeard, CouchPotato and Headphones working on my Vu Ultimo. Its fantastically convenient!!!:grin: All my tv series download automatically with SickBeardand. Any movies that have a rating higher then 7.2 and more that 10000 votes on IMBD get downloaded with Couchpotato. Finally HeadPhones automatically downloads any new albums by artists from my music library. I've an external harddrive connected to my Ultimo and it now acts a a NAS.

It took me a good while to figure out because I'm not that familiar with Python. I have more knowledge with Java. To get these python programs to run you need to download the missing python modules from software manager.

hope this helps

>>Artorius<<

>>English Admin<<
Yeah I managed to get SickBeard, CouchPotato and Headphones working on my Vu Ultimo. Its fantastically convenient!!!:grin: All my tv series download automatically with SickBeardand. Any movies that have a rating higher then 7.2 and more that 10000 votes on IMBD get downloaded with Couchpotato. Finally HeadPhones automatically downloads any new albums by artists from my music library. I've an external harddrive connected to my Ultimo and it now acts a a NAS.

It took me a good while to figure out because I'm not that familiar with Python. I have more knowledge with Java. To get these python programs to run you need to download the missing python modules from software manager.

hope this helps
Would be good if you could go in to depth.

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
Ok its been a while since I set this up so I'll try remember step by step how I did this...

I'll write an example of how I set up SickBeard. CouchPotato and Headphone's set up is very similar to this.

1. Install Transmission onto your device. There is a tutorial on this forum how to do this. I've set my torrent download folder to my internal harddrive
2. Connect an external harddrive via a usb port or eSATA. Format it and paritition into 2 parts. Mount the 2 partitions. I named one music the other video
3. Download SickBeard python files from http://sickbeard.com/downloads.html
4. Move the downloaded files to your mounted usb storage on your device
5. Go to setup>software management>advanced options>package management and download python modules (This will install the modules needed to get SickBeard to run) It took me weeks to figure this out!!
6. Now you need to set up SickBeard to run on system statup. To do this you can copy the attached file and put it in you init.d folder located /etc/init.d on your device. Make sure the file is not saved as a .txt file. Save it with no file extension by saving it using "all files"
7. You also need to copy this file into rc3.d and name it S99sickbeard so that it doesnt startup untill your system has run all other proceeses on startup.
8. You then need to copy the file again and save it into rc0.d. Name it K99sickbeard. This is done so that sickbeard is the last thing to shutodwn on system shutdown.
9. Now you can run sickbeard by ssh connection and typing /etc/init.d/sickbeard start
10. To open sickbeard open a browser and type http://<yourdeviceipaddess>:8081

You done! Tutorials on how to setup Sickbeard can be found on their website.
As mentioned, CouchPotato and Headphone set up is practically the same. Make sure you have a different download folders for tvshows, movies and music so that postprocessing doesnt get mixed up!

hope this helps a bit more;)

If anybody has any problems or can suggest improvements feel free to comment

Attachments

• sickbeard.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 23

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
Nice tutorial! Appreciate the work you've put into it. I'm going to try this at the weekend :)
Just as a side note, could you tell me how you got Transmission to remember your download folder? Mine always reverts to /media/hdd/torrents.

Thanks!

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
Nice tutorial! Appreciate the work you've put into it. I'm going to try this at the weekend :)
Just as a side note, could you tell me how you got Transmission to remember your download folder? Mine always reverts to /media/hdd/torrents.

Thanks!

You can specify Transmissions default download folder when you open it with your browser. Click on Edit Preferences and change the "Downloading to" file path. I set my tvDownload and movieDownload folders using the settings on SickBeard and CouchPotato. These programs have there own settings for Transmission and can override its default download folder and specify their own directories. I don't bother override Headphone's music download folder and it just use Transmission's default folder. Once each progam is downloading to seperate directories you won't run into any post processing problems

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
When I try to run Sickbeard from command line, I get the following error:

Code:
root@vuuno:/# /etc/init.d/sickbeard start
Starting SickBeard
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/media/iomega/sickbeard/SickBeard.py", line 39, in <module>
    from multiprocessing import freeze_support
ImportError: No module named multiprocessing

Am I missing something from my Python install?

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
Did you install python modules from software management? If you did try search software management again for the multi processing module. Any missing modules can be found there.

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
OK. Sorted that part. I wasn't set to Expert mode under Customize. D'oh!

Update: Great! It's working. Or at least I'm into the Sickbeard interface :)

Maybe this thread could be made a sticky on how to get the thing up and running?

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
Now for CouchPotato :)

I get this error when I follow the same steps above:

Code:
CouchPotato.py: error: unrecognized arguments: -q --pidfile=/var/run/couchpotato/couchpotato.pid --datadir=/media/iomega/couchpotato/ --port=2708

Any ideas?

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
OK. Got this sorted.
Had to change the following:
removed "--port=${PORT}"
changed "pidfile" to "pid_file" and "datadir" to "data_dir"
change "-q" to "--quiet" (not entirely sure if that's the correct thing to do but CP works now)

The default port for CP is 5050. Hope that helps someone else.

Big thanks again to Emortal for the tutorial.

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
removed "--port=${PORT}"
changed "pidfile" to "pid_file" and "datadir" to "data_dir"
change "-q" to "--quiet" (not entirely sure if that's the correct thing to do but CP works now)

Yep I did the same as this. SickBeard and CouchPotato have slightly different parameters in their setup configurations

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
So now I restarted my Vu+ and neither SickBeard nor CouchPotato launched by themselves. I was able to get CouchPotato started from command line but when I tried to do the same for SickBeard I got the following error:

Code:
Starting SickBeard
Exception in thread HTTPServer Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 484, in run
    self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
  File "/media/iomega/sickbeard/cherrypy/process/servers.py", line 75, in _start_http_thread
    self.httpserver.start()
  File "/media/iomega/sickbeard/cherrypy/wsgiserver/__init__.py", line 1634, in start
    raise socket.error(msg)
error: getsockaddrarg: bad family

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
Problem fixed. In my config.ini in the SickBeard folder, under [General] my web_host was 0.0.0.0
Changed this to the IP address of my Vu+ and it worked again. My head hurts from terminal commands :)

TheDudeAbides

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Emortal,

Just wondering if you have any problems with your Vu+ hanging with CouchPotato and SickBeard running?
Mine is acting up a bit and not sure which one is to blame. I'm suspecting CouchPotato as I removed something from the wanted list and it locked the Vu+.

Emortal

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Emortal,

Just wondering if you have any problems with your Vu+ hanging with CouchPotato and SickBeard running?
Mine is acting up a bit and not sure which one is to blame. I'm suspecting CouchPotato as I removed something from the wanted list and it locked the Vu+.

What vu+ box have you got? I've an Ultimo and have no problems now. I did have problems initially because I was accidently downloading torrents to my flash memory which became full very quickly. Check you flash memory