Picons, crossEPG, what else can we use the USB drive for?

Montay

Vu+ Newbie
I've read that we can store picons and crossEPG data on an external flash drive to speed the boxup but my flash drive is 8GB.

Are there any other tweaks that you experts know which I can use to make the box faster? Anything else I can put on the USB flash drive to stop the internal flash getting overloaded?

yummer

BH Lover
I've read that we can store picons and crossEPG data on an external flash drive to speed the boxup but my flash drive is 8GB.

Are there any other tweaks that you experts know which I can use to make the box faster? Anything else I can put on the USB flash drive to stop the internal flash getting overloaded?
A swap file can also be created mate.... This acts as extra ram for your stb. 2xblue button its in that list where device manager is. You could always format it with partitions too. Then you could live in universes, try meoboot, etc.... Its a versatile space to do things with if you like to tinker.

sunespeg

Vu+ Newbie
One or the key features of a USB pen, is the universe. This way you can move your home holder to use pen, giving you virtually unlimited space. You need to format a partition and mount it as /universe, then make a hyper jump.. There are guides on here how to set it up.

Sent from HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Montay

Vu+ Newbie
One or the key features of a USB pen, is the universe. This way you can move your home holder to use pen, giving you virtually unlimited space. You need to format a partition and mount it as /universe, then make a hyper jump.. There are guides on here how to set it up.

Sent from HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Looks interesting. Maybe something I can work on once I get the other stuff going.

Montay

Vu+ Newbie
I have a folder on my mounted USB stick called picons but the picons aren't showing. When I was using VIX the same folder and USB stick was working. DO I need to change a setting on blackhole?

yummer

BH Lover
I have a folder on my mounted USB stick called picons but the picons aren't showing. When I was using VIX the same folder and USB stick was working. DO I need to change a setting on blackhole?
Have you formatted it using black hole 2xblue button. Then select partitions if only using it for picons just format it as 'flash'. Then remount. Then download picons from BH server

Montay

Vu+ Newbie
Have you formatted it using black hole 2xblue button. Then select partitions if only using it for picons just format it as 'flash'. Then remount. Then download picons from BH server

Do I have to partition it if I'm using it for crossepg or can i just put them both on the same partition?

yummer

BH Lover
Do I have to partition it if I'm using it for crossepg or can i just put them both on the same partition?
If only using it for cross EPG and picons mate just 1 partition format as flash :). Only need multiple partitions if ya wanna try universes, meoboot etc

Montay

Vu+ Newbie

Formatted the USB drive.
Mounted as media/usb/
Created a Picons folder via FTP.
Downloaded the 28.2 Picons package.
Rebooted the box.

But still no picons

yummer

BH Lover
Formatted the USB drive.
Mounted as media/usb/
Created a Picons folder via FTP.
Downloaded the 28.2 Picons package.
Rebooted the box.

But still no picons
You don't need to create the folder via ftp mate. Delete the folder and try again. Try downloading picon HD black mmcmedia 28.2 they work for me straight from server picons packages

sat-ire

Vu+ Newbie
Change the folder name to picon then you need to telnet this line to your box

ln -s /media/sdb1/picon /usr/share/enigma2