Picons that work with solo 2?

use ftp client (filezilla or dcc) and copy your picons to media/usb/picon folder if you keep them on usb or to media/hdd/picon if your picon's folder is on hdd

B.Bari

Vu+ Newbie
use ftp client (filezilla or dcc) and copy your picons to media/usb/picon folder if you keep them on usb or to media/hdd/picon if your picon's folder is on hdd

Let's say if channel XYZ isn't show the icon - how will i make it to show one... ?

Matrix10

Administrator
Well, is already answered.
You have to find on the net picons that you are missing and FTP picon files
to media/hdd/picon if your picon's folder is on hdd
or media/usb/picon folder if your picon's folder is on usb.

Wendy

Vu+ User
Today I installed some Picons into Vu+ Solo2 from the Download Manager and they were directed to the path /media/usb/.
They worked OK
However I only have an external HDD installed and mounted as /universe.
So at first I copied the picon directory to /universe and deleted it from /media/usb.
The picons did not show up.
Then made a symlink to /media/usb/
The picons worked OK once again.
Problem is when I switched off the HDD and restarted it, the HDD path changed to autofs/sdb1/
So the symlink that I made was not recognized and I could no longer see the picons.
Can I stop the HDD path from changing each time I switch on/off my HDD?

@wendy
it's better to keep your picons on usb because your drive will sleep after 10 min unless you're using permanent timeshift and hdd sleep time is disabled

Wendy

Vu+ User
Yes of course but can I stop the HDD path from changing each time I switch on/off my HDD or when it sleeps?

Matrix10

Administrator
Why to complicate life.
Use USB stick make two partitions, and mount one to universe and one to USB for picon and EPG.

your drive is still seen by kernel even when sleeps.
Not sure what you want to do by changing hdd path.
Your previous post is not understandable for me as well. Sorry

However I only have an external HDD installed and mounted as /universe.
So at first I copied the picon directory to /universe and deleted it from /media/usb.
The picons did not show up.
Then made a symlink to /media/usb/
The picons worked OK once again.

So what is mounted as media/usb? You've deleted picons from media usb (they are not there any more) and created 'symlink' to media/usb but picons are not there any more? And it works... Am I right?

Problem is when I switched off the HDD and restarted it, the HDD path changed to autofs/sdb1/
So the symlink that I made was not recognized and I could no longer see the picons.

You can change the path but I do not know what devices you have mounted on your box.

One is utilised by HDD and the other by another device.

Just make 2nd partition on your drive and mount both partition. However you need to keep your drive online all the time, I can't see any reason for doing it.
You may think about USB hub...

Wendy

Vu+ User
your drive is still seen by kernel even when sleeps.
Not sure what you want to do by changing hdd path.
Your previous post is not understandable for me as well. Sorry

So what is mounted as media/usb? You've deleted picons from media usb (they are not there any more) and created 'symlink' to media/usb but picons are not there any more? And it works... Am I right?

You can change the path but I do not know what devices you have mounted on your box.

Nothing is mounted as /media/usb
I only have one mount:- an external HDD mounted as /universe.

Wendy

Vu+ User
The problem started not when the HDD went to sleep but when I swithced it off and then on gain as I've already explained.

default path for picons is media/usb. If you have nothing mounted as media/usb that means your picons are in the flash.
You can find picon path in usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/Picon.py
Open the picon.py file in text editor (I use notepad++) and you will see picons locations:
/media/cf/%s/ and /media/usb/%s/,
just change the cf to hdd, then save and overwrite the original file - then reboot and it'll change your picons default path.
To make it working properly your hdd cannot go into sleeping state - you have to disable standby time in menu > setup > system > harddisc > harddisc setup.
If you won't do that you'll get trouble getting picons on the screen after watching channels for more than 10 min (default hdd standby time).