Picture but no Sound

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there, I have had SOLO2 for over a year now and never had any problem but since last week every time I turn on the TV the picture appears but no sound. in order to get the sound I have to restart the box.

what could be the problem? I have re-installed the image and still not solved.

I am on BlackHole 2.1.6.

Mick12334

Check all your connections, to the TV, and try a new lead, HDMI, or Scart.
If possible try your receiver on a different television.
Have you tried a recording, if you have any, to see if they play the sound?

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
Check all your connections, to the TV, and try a new lead, HDMI, or Scart.
If possible try your receiver on a different television.
Have you tried a recording, if you have any, to see if they play the sound?

Have tried on different TV and also the same problem with recording files. The box needs to be re started for sound.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
Use the analog audio output (L+R) to the TV just to check if the sound starts through that connection.

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
I think there's something wrong with HDMI connection. I tired scart cable and it works fine but HDMI connection does not work. I have tried a new HDMI cable and different ports in my TV but still the same issue. What could be the reason?

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
Bought a new HDMI cable and tried it but still no fix. Nothing wrong with the TV as it works fine with PS4. What could be causing the problem?

I have tried different images too. Vix and BH.

Eragon

Vu+ User+++
If you can't test with another TV, the last option is to install the original Vu+ image.
If also in this case you still find the problem, consider to have it checked and repaired.

Kowalski_68

BH Lover
audio e video in hdmi Sono muxate assieme.
Difficile Che audio non vada e il video si ..
Funziona analogico audio?

Mick12334

Have you tried different settings, in your receiver, for both audio, and video, outputs, including different resolutions?
It's strange that it works when you reset your receiver, as you would expect a faulty cable, or televsion, connection, to either work, or not work, and shouldn't be affected by a re-boot.
Please keep testing, and see if any changes get it to work, or stop working.

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
Have tried everything. There's nothing wrong with the cable, TV or the box. if there was something wrong with either of them the sound would not come after restart. I have run out of things to try.

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
From my experience, some tvs have HDMI port for DVI to HDMI content (when you use an adapter, DVI doesn't have audio), mine has one, I have a sat box for national tv in that input using HDMI cable, and sometimes when I switch to that source there's no sound. Restarting tv fixes it.

If you record something when sound is not playing and then play it on PC, there's also no sound?

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
From my experience, some tvs have HDMI port for DVI to HDMI content (when you use an adapter, DVI doesn't have audio), mine has one, I have a sat box for national tv in that input using HDMI cable, and sometimes when I switch to that source there's no sound. Restarting tv fixes it.

If you record something when sound is not playing and then play it on PC, there's also no sound?

It was working fine for a year and half, Only started happening since last few week. My problem has nothing to do with TV. It's the box that I have to re-start and only the box even restarting enigma2 won't solve it.

There's sound on recorded file.

a911

The BH Lover
It was working fine for a year and half, Only started happening since last few week. My problem has nothing to do with TV. It's the box that I have to re-start and only the box even restarting enigma2 won't solve it.

There's sound on recorded file.

Have U tried to make new search for channels!

Tony il Capo

Vu+ Newbie
Make sure you already tried other images, I would suggest the factory one, other cables/tvs/other av outputs, and the problem persists even after a clean flash, you better take it to the store then, they will test it with more tvs and stuff and then repair it!

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Dont Install bad plugins ir extensions that started after I installed ts plugin for example.
There is some bad coding that affects the hdmi sound output I don't know why.
As soon as you make new flash it u will have sound again. Without touching the hdmi cable. I tested this.

Charleswj39

Vu+ Newbie
I have a very similar problem and fear that something is wrong with the unit. Before sending it away for repair, I'd appreciate suggestions as to what further checks I might do.

I'd allowed a friend to use the unit which was running perfectly. When he left I found that he had failed to turn off the tuner. I do not know how long this situation continued, certainly several hours. The Solo2 had crashed at some point as it did not respond to the remote and I had to turn it off using the rear power switch. Turning it on again, it delivered only some low sound - detectable at the max volume of the TV and at near the max volume of the amplifier to which it is connected via the RCA sockets. These are the steps that I have taken so far.

- confirmed TV and amplifier sound normal
- rebooted Solo2 a couple of times
- disconnected HDMI, connected SCART
- upgraded from Blackhole 2.1.3 to 2.1.6
- checked BH sound settings unchanged
- disconnected RCA plugs that feed to amplifier
- played back recordings - good picture, no sound

Except for the almost complete sound loss, the box appears to function normally (good picture, good WAN connection etc.) There's no crash log either.

So I'm stuck and hope that someone will have some ideas.