Picture but no Sound

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Charles,
When you flash new image is that really new or a backup?

You have to use new Imagem fresh one and don't install any plugins and test.
This problem showed up when I installed ******* plugin.
I try to use approved plugins approved in this forum.

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Removing doesn't work.

You need to flash again new one and don't install that.
Now even removed the symptoms maintain :)
Flash as New

Charleswj39

Vu+ Newbie
First - thank you Eragon for pointing me to the right road.

I'm late in replying 'cos my electricity supplier turned off the power for several hours. When it cam back I found the same problem with my Duo2. As I'd never let anyone else play with it, I knew that I'd made a mistake when setting both the Sollo2 and Duo2 up.

As the Duo2 links to a CRT TV by SCART, I'd never tried to 'train' the Duo2's remote to operate the TV. And while the Solo2 feeds an LCD TV, that LCD is sold as a monitor with TV rather than a straight TV. When I tried to 'train' the Solo2's remote, it didn't take. As a result I'd never tried to configure the volume settings of either remote. Following Eragon's advice I tried to change the box's volume with the box's remote - no change. And the same result with the remote's mute button. This meant that the box's sound output was being made by the box itself.

I 'trained' both remotes to activate the volume buttons with complete success. Sound works for both box. In case someone can't find the 'training' sequence, I've lifted it from the Solo2's manual here:

Set-up Sequence: <<1 + 6>>, <9>, <9>, <3>, <TV Power or STB Power>
  1. Press 1and 6 for three seconds until LED is on.
  2. Press <9>, <9>, <3>.
  3. If you want to control of TV volume, press TV Power button. If you want to control STB volume, press
    STB Power button.

violino

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry to ask, but just to be sure: the Solo2 volume output is set at the maximum level?

Hi friend don't go with this image just jump back to blackhole 214, you would'nt have any problems.

Plenty of people complaining about these image 216, I had a few problems too don't waste your time looking for solutions just install another image.

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
Once again tried other images and also diffrent versions of Blakhole but still no fix. the box needs to be restarted in order to get the sound playing.

1) There's nothing wrong with my TV as it works fine with my PS4 and other box.
2) Works fine with SCART cable.
3) Tried different HDMI cables too.

Is there anything I should do before sending it to repair?

grik

Vu+ Newbie
You are using Clean images install or backups?
Try using clean images that worked for me. Avoid installing ******* for example that's what caused me problems.

After that never had problem. There's no true knowledge what makes that problem. Hdmi cable is not the problem

funkymale

Vu+ Newbie
The image is clean and without any add-ons.

The box is genuine mate. never had any problem till now and I bought it off WOS so can't seem to think they will supply me a fake one.

Faisal Jamil

Vu+ Newbie
Hello - I know this is an old thread but did anybody ever find a solution to this? I am having the exact same problem on my Vu+ Duo2 on OpenVix

adaca

Vu+ Newbie
Charles,
When you flash new image is that really new or a backup?

You have to use new Imagem fresh one and don't install any plugins and test.
This problem showed up when I installed ******* plugin.
I try to use approved plugins approved in this forum.

Can I please know what is the asterisked plugin, as I've got this "no audio unitl restart" issue on my MiracleBox Mini?
Thank you

Mick12334

There is no such VU+ receiver, as a MiracleBox Mini, and the forum is mostly for official VU+ receivers.
The reason, for the asterisks is that the word is on a banned forum list.

nunigaia

Can I please know what is the asterisked plugin, as I've got this "no audio unitl restart" issue on my MiracleBox Mini?
Thank you

The asterisked plugin is " a plugin not welcome on this board ", and by the way, as all the clones of Vuplus STB's.

This includes your " Clone STB " .

In this case, i would like to invite you, for reading out board rules --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

" Clones are not welcome here, too! "

Buy an orginal Vuplus STB.

best regards
nunigaia

DeKra

Vu+ Newbie
I have a similar problem with my Solo2 running VTI 9.0.3 connected to a Harmam/Kardon AVR161S A/V receiver. Every time, I turn off (and then on again) the TV sound disappears and can only be resurrected by powering off/on the box using the switch on the backside (simple reboot is not enough).

I am not clear how this problem started. It worked until yesterday evening and I am not aware of any changes to the box. I certainly have no "unauthorised" plugins running. I originally thought that this might be a problem with the HDMI-CEC link messages. But that does not seem to be the case. I turned HDMI-CEC off on the TV, receiver, and Solo2, but the problem persists. I can also reproduce the same effect by simply pulling out the HDMI cable from the TV and plugging back in. I think that there might be a problem with the enigma2 drivers as this seems to be a problem for VTI and BH.

For the moment, I could work around this by passing the sound through the TosLink (optical) connection rather than the HDMI connection to the AV receiver. But I'd like to reclaim the TosLink port on the receiver for other things. Any help is greatly appreciated.