Please HELP me set my VU+DUO Twin Tuner HD PVR Box

sdrury3472

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Can anyone please help me set my VU+DUO Twin Tuner HD PVR Box up remotely I am having so much trouble setting it up its now making me crack up I live in the North East of England. Up to now I have Factory Reset the box no less then 40 times that's how bad it is, I need someone who can remotely connect to the box and sort it for me if you can help please inbox me or email me thanks.

Mick12334

Only you can load an image, by using your USB stck.
Have you tried loading an image?
Format your USB to FAT 32, using your PC, download the image, and extract it using winzip, winrar, 7-zip, or other utility, and place the vuplus folder on your desktop, makes it easier to find. Ensure you have the correct image, for your receiver.
Can you please explain what you've done so far and where you are stuck, without breaking the forum rules.

sdrury3472

Vu+ Newbie
I have reset it back to Factory Reset and that's it so its back to the start hopefully I can tell you its DRIVING me Nuts I Know Its the Astra Sat I have to have ? Well I think it is. But any help or links to download will help me greatly I have formatted my 8 gig pen to fat 38 Thanks for your help Mick

Mick12334

The first thing you need to do is ensure that your VU+ receiver is genuine, as loading the later Black Hole images can kill clone receivers.
If you have checked, and you can trust your supplier, then you need to download the correct image, for your receiver. Is your receiver a VU+ Duo, or a VU+ Duo 2?
If it is a genuine VU+ Duo then download this image:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/black-hole-vu-duo-2-1-3.19714/

Then follow the guide, for loading the image:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/howto-flash-update-vu-images.11819/

Once you have done that we can move on to scanning in channels, setting up bouquets, which are just favourites, and configuring it to match your system, fixed satellite s#dish, motorized satellite dish, etc...

nyanyalee

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, am a newbie, i just installed BH image and try scanning for channels but only had few channels working. my box is solo 2. any help which satelite i have to choose

nyanyalee

Vu+ Newbie
cheers for reply. unfortunately i have no idea abt the sat alignment cos i live in a newly flat with a communal sat dish on a 18block high and twin input/output for recievers. After some research i learnt Astra 28.2E is best. so tried on tuner A and got over 500 channels now but most are channels that replicate the themselves. ie(r the same).
with sports and kids channels scramble/lock i feel unhappy as b4 getting the box.

Mick12334

If you live in the UK then the dish is probably pointing at 28.2E.
You can use the manual scan option, to add channels, check lyngsat.com, for all channels, and frequencies:
Code:
http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and-Astra-2A-2E-2F.html

nyanyalee

Vu+ Newbie
cheers mate. my channel list is in aphabetical order, please has one got any idea if blackhole image egp has a way of grouping channel in NEWS>, MUSIC> SPORTS> CHILDREN> MOVIES etc for easy navigation or show me how to do it manually.

fairsats

Vu+ User
cheers mate. my channel list is in aphabetical order, please has one got any idea if blackhole image egp has a way of grouping channel in NEWS>, MUSIC> SPORTS> CHILDREN> MOVIES etc for easy navigation or show me how to do it manually.

install Vhannibal Settings from panel

Mick12334

You can set up your own Bouquets, name them what you want, using the numerical pad, like texting, then copy the channels to the relevant bouquet.