Please recommend new sw for VU+Duo2

Ruudi

Vu+ Newbie
My VU+Duo2 has served me perfectly some years already by the sw BH 2.1.7. It's age-old, I know.
I think it's the latest time to renew it. Please recommend me what sw version suits better in my case. Some more detail information would also be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Mick12334

It all depends on what you want, and your level of expertise.
The latest Black Hole is 3.0.6:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/vu-duo2-black-hole-images.98/

Which is practically the same as what you're using, just updated.

The latest Open Black Hole is 4.2:
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/forums/openbh-vu-duo2-images.68/

Open Black Hole gives you more options, in setting up, so takes more time and requires more work.

Either way you will need to back up your channels, and bouquets, using a program like dreamboxedit, and manually re-enter all your current settings, including tuner settings, and various plugins.

AlexWilMac

And I can add that, as BH became more demanding from 2.1.7 to 3.0.6, your Duo2 (as mine used by my dad) it'll be much more reactive if you'll be using OBH because this image is much lighter than BH.

Ruudi

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks for quick answers! Renewing need arised today. I tried to update favourite channels lists. Reading data from VU by DM Edit (vers.6.1.1.1) it gives me an error (see attached screenshot). I do not use radio budgets at all, whence such error arise?

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 6

Mick12334

I haven't set up any Radio Bouquets either, but the file structure consists of TV User Bouquets, Favourites (TV), and Radio User Bouquets, Favourites (Radio), by default, so there must be a problem there.
You can try Dreamset, another program used for saving/editing enigma 2 channel lists, or try updating your dreamboxedit.
You might also want to check that the default settings are correct, location, and name, of your stored folder, default is desktop, and settings, and that your receivers IP address is correct.

Ruudi

Vu+ Newbie
In addition to my previous post BH 3.0.6 site warns: "Due to limited resources some end of life models will no longer be supported from BH 3.0.6 onwards. If you want to use BH with these receivers please use version 3.0.5" Should I take in use 3.0.5 then?

Mick12334

These are for the very early VU+ models, including the VU+ Duo, and the basic models, which haven't got sufficient power, or memory, to handle the features, in the latest images, including KODI.
The VU+ Duo 2 works fine with the later images, which is why they are available.
Each VU+ model has its own version, of the image, so you need to make sure that you do have the VU+ Duo 2.
You can check the receivers details, on the vuplus website, scroll down to the features and functions chart, at the bottom of the page:
Code:
http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0104.php

nunigaia

In addition to my previous post BH 3.0.6 site warns: "Due to limited resources some end of life models will no longer be supported from BH 3.0.6 onwards. If you want to use BH with these receivers please use version 3.0.5" Should I take in use 3.0.5 then?

No your STB can be updated, i.e., must be updated to BlackHole 3.0.6.

The mention you are talking about ... it´s only for 1st generation Vuplus STB´s includind Zero, where the Zero is not the 4K version.

Duo2 is not considered yet as an " end of life receiver ".

best regards
nunigaia

Ruudi

Vu+ Newbie
Yes! I have a genuine Duo2! Thanks Mick and Nunigaia! I'll try to renew on BH3.0.6. The prcess will be painful for sure as lot of tricks are out oh head...

bogdanm

Yes! I have a genuine Duo2! Thanks Mick and Nunigaia! I'll try to renew on BH3.0.6. The prcess will be painful for sure as lot of tricks are out oh head...
Dont worry we are help.
Try in free time look to OBH becoue is more light