Please someone...

chunkyman

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I am a new owner of a Vu+ Solo and I got some questions.

1) What is the difference between Vu SOLO and Vu UNO?? I am confused!

2) with my old Dreambox I used to be able (through its web interface) to set it so every time I changes channels, it will always default to the English language. Is there any way I can set Vu to do the same?

3) is it normal for this box to take over 10 minutes when I do a reset?

4) is there anything like the old ***** info tool available so that you can see which servers and cards you are connected to?

Thanks

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Hi, I am a new owner of a Vu+ Solo and I got some questions.

1) What is the difference between Vu SOLO and Vu UNO?? I am confused!

2) with my old Dreambox I used to be able (through its web interface) to set it so every time I changes channels, it will always default to the English language. Is there any way I can set Vu to do the same?

3) is it normal for this box to take over 10 minutes when I do a reset?

4) is there anything like the old ***** info tool available so that you can see which servers and cards you are connected to?

Thanks

1) the most important change is the CPU speed look here for UNO: http://www2.vuplus.com/products/uno and here for solo : http://www2.vuplus.com/products/solo
2) I'm not sure, but I think so
3) No, it's not normal
4) yes there is. ( read the rules )

chunkyman

Vu+ Newbie
Ok ..thanks for the reply.
I got your hints :) I will refrain from mentioning those bad words from now on. I am still new to this board.
So if its not normal for this box to take that long to cold boot..what could be the problem?
cya

ab9adr

Vu+ User
euh I don't know I'll see .You can use the remote control and take screenshoots :p (menu--informations--about)

chunkyman

Vu+ Newbie
hangon..I will go in a corner and kick myself!!
hehe I forgot I could do that.
Ok I got it, its:
version: 16 July 2011-vuplus_experimental
Image: BlackHole 1.6.3
Detected: NIMS
makes any sense to you? :(

ab9adr

Vu+ User
It's normal but I think that would be a problem in flashing the image. download the newest version and flash your receiver (don't forget to save your settings :))

chunkyman

Vu+ Newbie
devicename : dm500hd
Enigma version: july 16 2011 -vuplus_experimental
image version: experimental 2011-07-16
frontprocessor verson: V0
WebInreface version: 1.6.6

ab9adr

Vu+ User
Yes you have the BH 1.6.3 but I think there was a problem when you tried to install the image try doing it again :)

chunkyman

Vu+ Newbie
oh it came like that...now I see the latest is v1.6.4.
I will try that tonight then.
If I understand correctly the process is I copy the NFI file to a usb pendrive, insert it and restart from power yes?

ab9adr

Vu+ User
1) you have to download the to usb version
2)Format your USB device using FAT32 and unzip the file downloded directly in the USB device
3) turn off your Vu+ and remove all what You have ( HDD...)
4) plug you USB device in the front and turn on you box you are going to see a red light
5) wait untill the led become green flashing
6) remove the usb device and restart the box.
that how I proceed :)