Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible "interference" between flash and OMB image?

Discussion in 'Vu+ Multiboot' started by Alexwilmac, Sep 2, 2016.

  1. Alexwilmac

    Alexwilmac Vip

    Messages:
    4,263
    I wonder if my impression that sometimes what is installed in flash interferes with what is installed in OMB is wrong or if someones can confirm it.

    I have OBH (0.6) in flash and BH 3.0.2F installed in OMB.
    After some days I had got back to BH and used it without problems, I rebooted to OBH to perform the last updates.
    After this, I tried to reboot BH but it produces crashes logs when it arrives to load the GUI and goes on loop.
    As I'm sure that BH was not changed in any way (no new plugins, no updates, absolutely no changes at all) my suspect (that I had a couple of times before today) seems to be confirmed.
    Anyone else has got the same impression?
     
  2. Ev0

    Ev0 Administrator

    Messages:
    2,722
    Never had any such issue, and I have tried it with BH in flash and obh (amongst other images) in omb, and also with obh in flash and bh and other images in omb.

    Never any issue's.
     
    Alexwilmac likes this.
  3. Alexwilmac

    Alexwilmac Vip

    Messages:
    4,263
    This is reassuring, although what happened to me is really strange. I'm not an expert of enigma2 but I am of whatever is a computer and I can't explain why BH now does not reboot without any change to it (but, as I wrote in the opening post, after changes to OBH).
     
  4. Ev0

    Ev0 Administrator

    Messages:
    2,722
    Neither can I explain it.

    However from your posts you do seem to like to add alot of plugins and play with settings etc, so it's possible that you have something corrupt in your setup.
     
  5. Alexwilmac

    Alexwilmac Vip

    Messages:
    4,263
    SOLVED: it was a font that, despite of the fact it was exactly in the path showed in the crash log and with the exact filename, produced a fatal error ([FONT] adding font /usr/share/fonts/Bauhaus93.ttf...FATAL: failed: No such file or directory)
    But I find this fact quite odd: how a font can produce a FATAL error.
    Even if, for instance, it had wrong permissions, it is not a plugin or a main software component!
    Anyway... it's solved.
    Thanks for the reply because I decided to go deep into the problem. ;)
     

Share This Page